Reflections on the way it is now

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Reflections on the way it is now

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 17:30

I want to trigger some ideas that may or may not see the light of day, in the X4 Foundations game.
Do not think I want to push anything, it is pure speculative and if devs think that here is a good idea, than this post is proven worthy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I was just thinking about the way the game goes now, and the part especially about trying to build a station that can support itself, want to build something, you need a bucket full of money to buy blueprints.

- Why is there no faction that has no blueprints? (There are factions who do not have all the blueprints needed to make things work, but yet they do)
You as a player, enter the game, that is already flourishing, some parts of it.
The problem is that making efficiënt use of production modules, again, a lot of money, and in the beginning the stations suck you dry all the time, no profit at all.

Stealing blueprints? well, that proves not being so succesfull as taught, but why not develop blueprints ourselfs? Is this out of the blue not a good idea? Ok, there might be quality or quantity issues, but overall it would be nice if we make use of our R&D section and not only dependable on other factions who 'has all the things we have not and can only achieve by getting high ranking and money'

This part is a bit unfair, and it is a crux everytime we start a new game, same painstaiking path to travel to even get some fresh air (not to worry about money and building capacity)

- Maybe it is a bit short sighted, but as far as I can see it now, it is building, fighting, earning money and when you are super strong, the game flaws in inspiration. Move on?
I know the game has no ending, and maybe the game design is running up that hill and once there, you can see the other side, disappointing and not inspired by more, I know the devs are working on what is on the other side of that hill we so gracefully ran up to, and I hope that they will keep us inspired, searching for more territory, more mean things we must try to evade or clash with, maybe some natural inspired problems, but we will see.

I do hope that anyone reads this, not think of argueing the devs and their effort making this game better every day but merely add their -your- insight.

Happy flying... :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

charlie1024
x4

Re: Reflections on the way it is now

Post by charlie1024 » Wed, 1. May 24, 12:03

Maybe you think about a kind of 'reverse engineering', right?

I personally think the way of X4 modules limitation(BPs) is intended, because they're for the 'Factions', not for 'Free to use'. For example, Terran Protectorate cannot use Paranid BPs.

It means that the modules are exclusive based on the faction. The difference of player is that you can use that all of the BPs.

Also, even if the player can research something him/herself, the feature should be harder than just getting other faction BPs, in my opinion.

Even, Boso Ta cannot do that kind of engineering :wink:

This is just personal viewsight, so I should have been thinking wrongly, but I think just being stronger is not a very good way to play the game. Thinking 'You can control the game world' will work better. Even, if you want to do, deliberately weakening your economy will empower XEN. If you don't want to do, you can strengthen your economy. The entire game economy is in your hand. You can do anything what you want. The game is based on "war economy", so just making war, war, war is the best understanding of the game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”