With 7.00 underway ... cursor hiding, please?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arquebusx

With 7.00 underway ... cursor hiding, please?

Post by arquebusx » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 00:37

EGOSOFT, you granted my wildest dreams when you implemented the deselect hotkey that I'd been ranting about for years. ;)

So I figured I'd push a little farther...

It would be really nice if the cursor disappeared when the player actuates a gamepad or joystick. Once a player's hands are on a device, the cursor serves no function other than as a distraction.

I've been using kuertee's reset mouse mod (which moves the cursor off screen), so I'd forgotten how much of a nuisance it was, but with 7.00 beta I'm playing unmodded so...

Buzz2005
x4

Re: With 7.00 underway ... cursor hiding, please?

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 07:56

deselect has been in the game since release afaik

gamepad mode should be on when you play with controller, its under options, in that mode the mouse pointers hides when you use controller
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

arquebusx

Post by arquebusx » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:44

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 07:56
deselect has been in the game since release afaik
It wasn't - it was added in a later update. You had to click open space with the mouse, there was no bindable hotkey.
gamepad mode should be on when you play with controller, its under options, in that mode the mouse pointers hides when you use controller
Thank you! I'd had this set to Controllers Only by mistake so I assumed it didn't do what I wanted.

Carry on. ;)

arquebusx

Post by arquebusx » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:51

Ah, dang, now I remember why I turned it off in the first place.

If you have Gamepad mode turned on, and then you move the mouse, it treats that input as movement. It's been doing that for years.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 09:41

wdym? in what circumstances? what moves
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

arquebusx

Post by arquebusx » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 01:06

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 24, 09:41
wdym? in what circumstances? what moves
It's reproducible for me 100% of the time, and here's what happens:

1) I have Gamepad mode ON for controllers and joysticks.
2) I am in my cockpit, flying around using my Saitek X-56 stick and throttle.
3) I stop all movement (for purposes of the test).
4) I move the mouse.
5) My ship starts yawing/pitching as if the mouse were a control device (i.e., the ship turns in the direction of the mouse move). Very slowly, more like a drift than an actual turn.

If I move the mouse a second time, the yawing/pitching stops. And if I go back to my joystick, the yawing/pitching stops. But every time I move from the joystick to the mouse (where the mouse is explicitly only for selecting things, not for controlling the ship's axes), I get a little pitch/yaw drift. It's been doing this since 1.0.

Return to “X4: Foundations”