Salvage bug?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

maxmax12
x4

Salvage bug?

Post by maxmax12 » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 18:32

So i got my salvage ship. my tug boats.

im able to bring dead ships to processing station.

when i get the L cap class salvager i'm not able to let it auto salvage ship wrecks.
i cant event click on the ship and hit salvage at all? is this a bug? how does this whole salvage shit even work?

how do i attach photos in here?

paiku
x4

Re: Salvage bug?

Post by paiku » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 19:50

There are reports of it doing nothing oos but i believe if you can't set it to autosalvage, you arr maybe missing Something. Did you put construction drones on the ship ? Without construction drones it can't salvage iirc.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 20:16

You have two options for it, or get a two stars captain and set it to auto salvage, or give to it manual instructions. In the map, select the ship, right click over a wreckage, and select dismantle wreck.

Be advised that the ship not store the scrap that it recover, instead it compact the scrap and drop it to be collected by tugs.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 20:48

maxmax12 wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 18:32
So i got my salvage ship. my tug boats.

im able to bring dead ships to processing station.

when i get the L cap class salvager i'm not able to let it auto salvage ship wrecks.
i cant event click on the ship and hit salvage at all? is this a bug? how does this whole salvage shit even work?

how do i attach photos in here?
i have one of my teuta not working at all
if i click to dismantle the shi the comand simply stop, if i set the ship to auto mode, it go near the wreck and stay in "calculating parameters" eternally

i tried every move a can think of but with no result
finally i sell the ship and board another one

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 23:50

Hi All.

I can get the Teuta to salvage but can't get the Manticore tugs to collect the scrap cubes.

I pick a tug then click on the cubes then click on collect scrap but nothing happens, there's no collect prompt and the tugs just fly away no matter what orders i give.

I've also assigned the tugs to a scrap station to auto salvage but they still wont collect.

I never had this issue before the last major update 6.00, it seems the DEV's still can't fix ships order issues after 6 years of fixes.

I also have issues with builder ships i get the first one give it the select build order and it just sit there doing nothing, i get a second and give that one build orders and that goes and build, i have no idea why i need 2 builders to get one to build.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. May 24, 09:35

Please don't dig up a 2 year old thread. Old threads which refer to previous versions of the game often contain outdated information that can confuse new players. Just start a new thread of your own.

If you're having a problem and think it might be a bug then you need to post in Tech Support, describe the problem fully, and provide the information requested at the top of that forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations”