Woman. Myth. Legend. Phenom: Alison Green

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ghalador
x4

Woman. Myth. Legend. Phenom: Alison Green

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 12:55

While searching for a captain for my Syn, i wandered around a space station, going from one fool with not even one star, wanting to captain a heavy cruiser to the next disappointment ... and then there SHE was. The woman of legend, the wonder-soldier, the mega blonde in a jumpsuit worth an entire invasion fleet: Alison Green! BEHOLD:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... erbox=true

.... and i couldn't afford her. Are you serious??? Why is this in the game?
There's a serious logical error in all of this. I do not pay her to be captain AND manager AND space marine! She gets ONE job - and the salary for it!
She would have to bring in 200K every 10 minutes for over 500 hours real time to even pay for herself!
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Have fun: Gala Do.

pref
x4

Re: Woman. Myth. Legend. Phenom: Alison Green

Post by pref » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 13:42

Don't want to disappoint you but you cannot have her either way.
She might be willing to offer 10k credits for you if you clean her shoes. Or humiliate you with a similar job offer :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 14:46

Do not be distracted by accessories. The real (and only) beef on this image is "Fragen nach: Jobangebot". Everything else is just decoration.

@pref: You must admit that cleaning shoes of a client of that caliber do look much better on resume than doing the same chore for some shady, rotten, nobody. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 17:24

@jlehtone I'm not just cleaning shoes for the yaki atm, but doing much worse things.. Alison has no covert id for me unfortunately.
Hope my CV won't get leaked, the whole universe would probably start a war on me.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 17:48

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 14:46
Do not be distracted by accessories. The real (and only) beef on this image is "Fragen nach: Jobangebot". Everything else is just decoration.
That's disappointing!
I have the money and I need this pilot!
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:26

jlehtone wrote:
If you think it's fake - no, it's not, she really stood there as seen in the picture.
After that debacle i went to the workshop and installed a "better crew experience" mod ... but only after. :lol:
I have never seen someone even remotely like her before in X4 on the job market.
Last edited by Ghalador on Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:28

Ghalador wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:26
jlehtone wrote:
If you think it's fake - no, it's not, she really stood there as seen in the picture.
After that debacle i went to the workshop and installed a "better crew" mod ... but only after. :lol:
The point is that you cannot hire the NPCs who are offering jobs, regardless of money.
***modified***

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:31

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:28
The point is that you cannot hire the NPCs who are offering jobs, regardless of money.
Hmm ... the "hire" dialogue option was not grayed out. Do you think her insane stats have something to do with her being a job giver?
Seen a bunch of those but never with stats like that.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:20

Ghalador wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:31
LameFox wrote:
Hmm ... the "hire" dialogue option was not grayed out. Do you think her insane stats have something to do with her being a job giver?
It has more to do with their overall skills. Mission giver NPCs are spawned with higher levels of various skills for some reason. If you were to encounter a random NPC by chance with the same skill-set, they would cost this much too.

That being said, Egosoft considers a 3 star skill to be pretty high. Think of the 4th and 5th star levels as 100%+ skills. I know, it doesn't translate too well, but that's their intention.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:28

repatomonor wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:20
That being said, Egosoft considers a 3 star skill to be pretty high. Think of the 4th and 5th star levels as 100%+ skills. I know, it doesn't translate too well, but that's their intention.
They can look at this how ever they want, reality views it differently. I simply can't put THAT many miners on the map.
I would need thousands within a few days of game time.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:32

Ghalador wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 18:31
LameFox wrote:
IIRC you can ask them but they will tell you they are busy.
***modified***

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:35

You don't pay her to be a starship captain, you pay for her expertise, which allows her to switch between managing a station, boarding a starship, pilot said starship & fix that same starship all efficiently and on the fly.
Whatever you want her to do, she can do it, so you better pay up, she didn't go through eyars of training to simply be offered a mere 'captain's salary' or god forbid, a Station CEO salary. She went through all of it so she could achieve her dream, to be the best paid employee there is.

This is also why she offers you a job, not the other way around. You don't get to boss her, she gets to boss you around :D (as mentioned by others, you cannot hire NPC's that offer jobs, not even after you finished said job, believe me, I tried... Missed out on some neat 3 star folks that way)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 20:31

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 19:35
... the best paid employee there is.
She could be. We have encountered some pretty worthy job givers, and some (screenshots) have even been posted here before, but this Alison is definitely top class, if not the best (un)paid. 8)

That said, a full crew of Boron Lar or female Paranid would be worth every penny. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”