X4 Version 2.0 Beta 4 is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Helmut_AUT

Re: X4 Version 2.0 Beta 1 is now available

Post by Helmut_AUT » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 18:33

consiefe wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 15:26
Only question though, are invasion mechanics in place or will that be in another upcoming patch?
Was wondering about that too. That, and the fix to map POV Hat for views would make this game really interesting.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 18:37

Helmut_AUT wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 18:33
That, and the fix to map POV Hat for views would make this game really interesting.
Is that not covered by this?

• Fixed inability to remap camera input control.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 18:56

My Impressions so far...

Xenon Large Turrets on K Destroyer are deadly again, ripped my Eclipse Fighter apart. It's Shields are near impenetrable for my fighter to get through, my guns overheat and most the damage is recharged by the K, so you're going to need allot more Fighters or a Destroyer to make any substantial damage.
So Xenon looking good right now.
Flew to Hatikvah's and accepted a mission to build a defence station next to Jumpgate to Tharka's Cascade, as soon as I claimed the Plot.. A Xenon K, followed by a Xenon I and several P's came through the gate and the Argon Ships are struggling to contain them. I'm having good vibes about this, but early days.

In Argon Prime I watched the Argon Navy go after any ship belonging to the Holy Order, they are going Zero Tolerance on them right now which I like to see.
Still early days if there is actual large skirmishes happening between the Factions, but right now I feel hopeful.

259 Million Credits!!!!! For Shipyard Fabrication!! (Tried EMP Hacking Blueprints, doesn't work) And that's just for a single XL, you're going to need a Billion or so Credits for the whole shebang!
Still gives me something to work towards.. I'm hoping the Base Build Missions are fixed as it says on the list of fixes for 2.0, trying it out now.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:01

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 17:53
Has anyone tried Beta already?
Any thoughts on improved capships and Xenon?
They're actually decent now.

Not only do they constantly regenerate shields at a low rate and the L turrets deal massive damage...the AI is also a LOT better.

For exaple a Teladi Condor that arrived in Hatikvah to stop a Xenon invasion would CONSTANTLY turn itself so it could always fire a full broadside at the enemy....which is kind of smart considering the layout of the Carriers weapons.

I also saw a single Xenon K kill 5Ms and actually THREATEN a builder-ship...not like it is in 1.6 stable where the Ms alone would've just shredded the Xenon...let alone the builder. They do still have weakspots you can exploit...but that is only useful for players in small ships which might now be lacking the DPS to take down the ship on their own like this.
A Nemesis will probably still take it down if you exploit weakspots as a player and hide in a dead-zone...but S-Ships will have far more trouble and the other M ships as well.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:18

Sounds like fun :) Too bad that 2.0 will be in beta probably for next 3 weeks, but it will be worth to wait.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:31

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:18
Sounds like fun :) Too bad that 2.0 will be in beta probably for next 3 weeks, but it will be worth to wait.
Why do people think that the beta will take this long?

Their betas have always been fast so far.... most of the issues that popped up with 2.0 Beta 1 have already been fixed with the hotfix...if nothing pops up for the next few days we might even see it become a live patch next week O_o"

Helmut_AUT

Post by Helmut_AUT » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:39

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 18:37
Is that not covered by this?

• Fixed inability to remap camera input control.
Yeah, sorry, missed that it seems.

Hmm, great to hear the game being on it's way to glorious battles.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 20:54

Lmao guys it's nice that factions now try to take over enemy sectors...but HOP is being REALLY dumb about it in my game.

They went to the next sector and try to place the Defense station in the CENTER of it....I'm crying, please send help XD. Either HOP thinks they're the hottest shit or they're just plain silly.

Teladi are also quite the jokers. They tried building a station right NEXT to a Xenon defense station...I think their builder died, not sure if they will send another one :p

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 22:45

Cool.

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 22:51

Thanks for fixing one of my biggest gripes the station module completion freezes.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 08:29

sintri wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 22:51
Thanks for fixing one of my biggest gripes the station module completion freezes.
I find this extremely ... well, something between amusing and utterly disturbing.
Is that related to Stockholm Syndrome?

"Thank you, THANK YOU car broker, for giving me the fourth wheel for my new car which i payed cash for 3 months ago!! FINALLY i can drive straight!. PRAISE you and may the gods smile on you, car broker!!".
Shehriazad wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:31
Why is there even a beta? This game has gone gold and wasn't sold as early access.

Also - why does it take 2 months to reach version 2.0 and 5 years to get to version 1.0? Does that have something to do with justifying betas? You know ... not the same game, development on TOP OF...?!
Not delivering late, but EXCEEDING the owed extent... stuff like that probably?
Have fun: Gala Do.

kase04
x4

Post by kase04 » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:00

Ghalador wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 08:29
sintri wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 22:51
I find this extremely ... well, something between amusing and utterly disturbing.
Is that related to Stockholm Syndrome?

"Thank you, THANK YOU car broker, for giving me the fourth wheel for my new car which i payed cash for 3 months ago!! FINALLY i can drive straight!. PRAISE you and may the gods smile on you, car broker!!".
Shehriazad wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 19:31
Why is there even a beta? This game has gone gold and wasn't sold as early access.

Also - why does it take 2 months to reach version 2.0 and 5 years to get to version 1.0? Does that have something to do with justifying betas? You know ... not the same game, development on TOP OF...?!
Not delivering late, but EXCEEDING the owed extent... stuff like that probably?
Could you please open a new thread? Ask the devs not us. If people are pleasent let people be pleasent. If you are upset, claim the devs or open a new thread. Thank you.
AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
G.Skill 16GB DDR3 1866MHZ
Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB GDDR5 (417.35 drivers)
Samsung 860EVO SSD SATA 3

Running game on Windows 10

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:44

kase04 wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:00
Could you please open a new thread? Ask the devs not us. If people are pleasent let people be pleasent. If you are upset, claim the devs or open a new thread. Thank you.
But i am not asking the devs. I know exactly how they work. The thing that puzzles me and actually makes me a bit concerned for the future, is... well, you.
Also after this reaction i must assume that this indeed IS a form of Stockholm Syndrome.
Have fun: Gala Do.

Helmut_AUT

Post by Helmut_AUT » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:54

Ghalador, do you think it good manners to insult people with a different opinion than you?

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:55

Lets try to keep this thread here on its rails.
Back to the topic of 2.0 please.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 12:13

It's the first X game having player shipbuilding in the vanilla version, isn't it?

Or perhaps there was the PHQ in X2?

Anyway, I'm happy this is going to be delivered quite soon, even if I'm short on cash slowly playing the game, so I'm not getting it anytime soon...

How does ship blueprints work? Do you buy them? Get them by scanning? Retrofit them? Get them from missions?
I think the latter (blueprints - modules, equipment, ships - as mission rewards) is something missing, that would give players more reason to play missions that are quite repetitive at the moment.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 12:30

Frak it, I'm going to opt into beta for the weekend, cannot wait any longer.

"Patience.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 12:13
It's the first X game having player shipbuilding in the vanilla version, isn't it?
It is indeed. X3 had a PHQ from which you could build ships but was not in vanilla, it was released later as a bonus pack. Ship construction times were extreme though and some components could only be obtained by capturing and salvaging ships.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 13:28

EmperorDragon wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 12:30
Frak it, I'm going to opt into beta for the weekend, cannot wait any longer.

"Patience.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 12:13
It is indeed. X3 had a PHQ from which you could build ships but was not in vanilla, it was released later as a bonus pack. Ship construction times were extreme though and some components could only be obtained by capturing and salvaging ships.
Oh, right! Now I remember that concept about salvaging ships. It was cool and would be nice to implement in X4 as well (with "standard" wares only as a result, off course).

Andramil
x4

Post by Andramil » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 13:43

Hi there!

Does anybody know if it's possible to switch my savegame to the beta and switch back after beta is released?
I can't wait any longer :)
And weekend is in sight :D

greetings

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 13:48

You will be able to load your 2.0 Beta savegame with any future releases, including the 2.0 release version. Of course, if you disable the beta before 2.0 is released and go back to 1.60, that will no work.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X4: Foundations”