2.0 beta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tilen
x4

2.0 beta

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:08

When?

Don't roll your eyes! We all knew that this is going to be a thing. :)

So, when? I need it. I want to play! Give us an ETA; this week? Next week? I need my fix, guys. Pleeeeeease. :*
Praise Bernd!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 2.0 beta

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:09

:roll:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:10

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:09
:roll:
Hahahah
Praise Bernd!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:11

2.0 public beta announcement here

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:18

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:11
Got me excited, damn it.
Praise Bernd!

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:34

One day when game developers realize beta releases are like crack cocaine to gamers we are all screwed.

"You.. want my car? For beta 3.1? Let me call my boss and explain why I'm going to be late."
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:35

Nafensoriel wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:34
One day when game developers realize beta releases are like crack cocaine to gamers we are all screwed.

"You.. want my car? For beta 3.1? Let me call my boss and explain why I'm going to be late."
Oh no, no, no, no! It's not like that! See, I need my fix of knowing when the fix will happen. It's like a fix inception, sort of, kind of.

I have been waiting for this for too long!
Praise Bernd!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:41

Tilen wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:35
Nafensoriel wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:34

Oh no, no, no, no! It's not like that! See, I need my fix of knowing when the fix will happen. It's like a fix inception, sort of, kind of.

I have been waiting for this for too long!
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

NoelSt
x4

Post by NoelSt » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:47

Falcrack wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: hahaha

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:18

just dont overdue with the hope that everything will be fixed x with 2.0, I want massive combat rebalance, kind of doubt it

hoping for a surprise, damit there I go hoping again :gruebel:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:23

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:18
just dont overdue with the hope that everything will be fixed x with 2.0, I want massive combat rebalance, kind of doubt it

hoping for a surprise, damit there I go hoping again :gruebel:
Turret balance and faction war must be in 2.0. They must be, lest I throw a tantrum!
Praise Bernd!

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:34

Falcrack wrote:
That was way too 2007.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:10

Man, why is it so hard to get some proper answers?
Praise Bernd!

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:35

Tilen wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:10
You've gotten several.

Though just in case you are actually serious with that question...
As a consumer, you don't get a right to an answer.

It also comes to mind you want a subjective answer that satisfies what you expect rather than an objective answer of actual substance. No development team is going to ever give you such an answer before it reaches that objective state.
In other words, you'll find out about the 2.0 public beta the moment Egosoft elects to list a 2.0 public beta. We, the public, do not get to demand they tell us anything and rightly so. If consumers could demand such things and actually get a response by force it would practically destroy ANY known production method. You'd have to be so darned conservative just so you could meet your deadlines your product would be a hot garbage fire.
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:41

Tilen wrote:
You do know that programmers don't work in continuous shift? It's Saturday man...

Last thing I want is shipyards anyway... rather have them work on turret rebalance which some 90%+ voted being bad in this forum. Unkillable build storage, wing AI, faction wars.... The list just goes on without adding a whole extra layer of shipyard management on top of that. So 2.0 can wait in my books.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:45

csaba wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:41
Tilen wrote:
You do know that programmers don't work in continuous shift? It's Saturday man...

Last thing I want is shipyards anyway... rather have them work on turret rebalance which some 90%+ voted being bad in this forum. Unkillable build storage, wing AI, faction wars.... The list just goes on without adding a whole extra layer of shipyard management on top of that. So 2.0 can wait in my books.
Well...why not both.

Shipyards already exist and were easily modded in...so they can hardly be a huuuuge endeavor for them. I am pretty sure that they stated multiple times that they will obviously work on bugs/issues at all times and working on the "big" patches doesn't stop them from doing that.
Last edited by Shehriazad on Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:51

Shehriazad wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:45
csaba wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:41
Tilen wrote:

Well...why not both. Duh.

Shipyards already exist and were easily modded in...so they can hardly be a huuuuge endeavor for them. I am pretty sure that they stated multiple times that they will obviously work on bugs/issues at all times and working on the "big" patches doesn't stop them from doing that.
It's not their existence in the game that is hard to implement the bugs that will come with them is the problem. Considering how many had issues with the NPC owned ones I have a reasonable suspicion that player owned shipyards (that are not predesigned by the devs as the ones the factions use) will have issues as well.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:54

Disregarding what the first guy wrote--I don't even want to go near that apologetic stuff--I do know that it's the weekend, and I'm not asking them to do it NOW. I'm just asking for some palpable info on 2.0. Namely, when is it finally coming? It should contain CRITICAL fixes, that's why.

Also, why can we not know which things it aims to fix? Just a general idea. You're all invited to see the forums, both Steam and here, to see just how many major issues people have discovered.

I don't think that I'm being entitled and unfair either. I'm just really asking for something after like months of waiting. Capiche?

Disclaimer: I wouldn't care to do this if I didn't like the game otherwise. And I respect Egosoft for their hard work.
Praise Bernd!

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:59

csaba wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:51

It's not their existence in the game that is hard to implement the bugs that will come with them is the problem. Considering how many had issues with the NPC owned ones I have a reasonable suspicion that player owned shipyards (that are not predesigned by the devs as the ones the factions use) will have issues as well.

Most issues with Shipyards :

-> permanently low/empty resources...this will be not an issue as you control who gets to build how much on your own shipyards
->Ships not undocking and blocking all landing pads... should be fine because with S/M it mostly happens if there is a problem with equipment changing or ships not being assigned properly. But again you get full control so this shouldn't be much of an issue
->Building queues not finishing properly...Again, full control over it should avoid this issue

The mods that made them available to players also don't really seem to have huge issues. I only see "issues" if someone tries to build a station that produces ALL items needed for a shipyard within one factory, but I guess it would be a performance issue before anything else as that would be one disgustingly huge station.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 23:07

Tilen wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 22:54
Disregarding what the first guy wrote--I don't even want to go near that apologetic stuff--I do know that it's the weekend, and I'm not asking them to do it NOW. I'm just asking for some palpable info on 2.0. Namely, when is it finally coming? It should contain CRITICAL fixes, that's why.

Also, why can we not know which things it aims to fix? Just a general idea. You're all invited to see the forums, both Steam and here, to see just how many major issues people have discovered.

I don't think that I'm being entitled and unfair either. I'm just really asking for something after like months of waiting. Capiche?

Disclaimer: I wouldn't care to do this if I didn't like the game otherwise. And I respect Egosoft for their hard work.
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=413180

This was posted a week ago, I wouldn't call that months of waiting. As for more detailed info, they will likely not going to post anything until the beta hits Steam, as they probably wont know until the last hour what will be in it and what not. To avoid awkward explanations for missing promises they wont post detailed patch notes until the thing is out.

Return to “X4: Foundations”