ObsidianAnt Currently is Live Stream X4 Foundations [Spoilers]

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: ObsidianAnt Currently is Live Stream X4 Foundations [Spoilers]

Post by Axeface » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:44

Very concerned about performance if im being honest. Nothing destroys my enjoyment of a game more than bad performance, dont think i'll be able to play at all.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Re: ObsidianAnt About to Live Stream X4 Foundations [Spoilers]

Post by nickolaiproblem » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:44

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:09
hmm... guess the doors on the landing bays are a little, uh, clippy. :roll: only straight-up bug I've seen so far though.
that and one guy walking on tables but other than that pretty ****** slick gents

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:46

nickolaiproblem wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:44
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:09
hmm... guess the doors on the landing bays are a little, uh, clippy. :roll: only straight-up bug I've seen so far though.
that and one guy walking on tables but other than that pretty ****** slick gents
Hey, he *really* didn't like Obsidian. So much that he walked over his own desk so he could leave in a huff. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:10

Does it have X3 style mouse control? Or only XR's?
Missed the thing i guess..

Phoynix
x4

Post by Phoynix » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:21

Cockpit dirt textures on the glass are vastly overdone, it seems like a little thing but it was washing out actual visuals from space it was so bad.
Its really been bugging me, Im sure a mod can fix it later on but I think it needs toning down from the start, seriously distracting and with bloom often washes out the view from space.

keno1999
x4

Post by keno1999 » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:23

I began viewing after it had started and watched about 30 min, then I restarted it and watched about an 1 hour from the beginning. I am very, very happy with what I am seeing :D . Now I'm even more excited about the release on Friday and satisfied with my decision to preorder the CE version. Way to go, Devs!

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:26

We haven't seen any ship commands or trading, and it seems like none of the game starts started him out with more ships....

Is the commanding UI not ready yet or ?

Repair laser confirmed though.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:33

Curse you Ant (shakes fist) first you out-do me with Elite Dangerous now my beloved X Series !!!!!

I'm teasing .... but yeah, X4 streamers everywhere are now spitting swear words
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:37

bl3ek wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 21:55
I want to watch it.

I don't want to watch it.

I want to watch it.

I want to watch it.

I want to watch it.

This...
but it took a stop at "I don't want to watch it".

Good night, see you not on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'm busy. 8)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:44

Axeface wrote:
Very concerned about performance if im being honest. Nothing destroys my enjoyment of a game more than bad performance, dont think i'll be able to play at all.
What is your specs? He was 90 fps in deep space and 30ish in a station. Hes using like a 6gen i7 intel and a 980ti that is around the same performance as a 1070.

konrad13x
x4

Post by konrad13x » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:57

Kane Hart wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 00:44
Axeface wrote:
What is your specs? He was 90 fps in deep space and 30ish in a station. Hes using like a 6gen i7 intel and a 980ti that is around the same performance as a 1070.
On the top of that he uses "windowed mode", streaming and playing on the same PC (I am quite sure).

So far I like what I have seen. Waiting for Friday.
| 4770k @4.1| Ultra-120 eXtreme | Asus Z87-K | Sapphire Vega56 Pulse | CrucialM500 WDRed3TB | Kingston KHX2133C11D3 4x4 | CM RS-850-ESBA | CM-690 | C24FG73FQUXEN | W10x64

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:02

I'm confident that I will have a combination of the flu and a mysterious back pain that will keep me from going to work on Friday.
Ayn Rand was correct.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:03

Nikola515 wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 23:04
Ad I said before he is pretty good and I have seen some of his work. So anybody that knows him is not going to argue with his ability.... My point is that he was unprepared for this storm for the game like X4. Some people dont want to see his learning curve but rather X4 features that can make game shine. He spent almost 1h figuring out how to navigate menu and fixing stram.
I know of Ant from the Elite community ... and I'll say this ... Ant sets the bar for how to stream or make videos on space sim games.
Yeah I'm jealous he got to stream it before me, but if anyone should have got the opportunity, it's him. There's 1,000s of worse people in certain communites (I won't mention) who would have done much worse ... I'll get my chance on Friday, and (not to blow my trumpet) given my experience with the X series (XBtF to Rebirth) and Elite (1984 - 2018) I will be happy if I do anywhere near as good as Ant.

Fair play, and respect to him.
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:13

jasonbarron wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:02
I'm confident that I will have a combination of the flu and a mysterious back pain that will keep me from going to work on Friday.
Haha...you're a bad boy Jason. :lol:
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:17

Kane Hart wrote:
Axeface wrote:
His fps is tanking all over the place, in combat, with a few stations in view. His fps was tanking in combat with a single Xenon N. It is very concerning considering he has a very powerful pc that exceeds the recommended specs. Mine does not.
Perhaps graphics settings will hlep, but I doubt it. I am very, very concerned.
Like I said, if the game runs like garbage even if I set it on low, I wont be able to play it.

I like what I am seeing in regards to the game and how it functions a lot.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:34

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:17
Kane Hart wrote:
Axeface wrote:
His fps is tanking all over the place, in combat, with a few stations in view. His fps was tanking in combat with a single Xenon N. It is very concerning considering he has a very powerful pc that exceeds the recommended specs. Mine does not.
Like I said, if the game runs like garbage even if I set it on low, I wont be able to play it.

Were the frames bad enough that you could notice it with the naked eye being "sluggish" or are you going by his counter?
Ayn Rand was correct.

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:36

jasonbarron wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:34
Axeface wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:

Were the frames bad enough that you could notice it with the naked eye being "sluggish" or are you going by his counter?
What he's actually said is that it's been a very smooth experience, with some FPS hiccups because of his streaming setup. It's pretty hard as a viewer to distinguish between lost frames on the stream and lost frames in the application itself, but I'm gonna believe what ObsidianAnt is saying.

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:36

It looked very sluggish. This is early game as well, X3 only started tanking after a few hundred hours.

My pc's better so I'm not worried, but if you're using just under minimum reqs, prepare for single digits possibly.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:37

Axeface wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:
Axeface wrote:

Did you see his FPS tank or the stream? Because Youtube can look really bad just with the wrong config options, even more so at 60 fps./

Phoynix
x4

Post by Phoynix » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 01:42

Hmm forums posted my old post then deleted it or something weird.

He is streaming and in a way that is seriously effecting fps, he states this multiple times.
Axeface wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:
Axeface wrote:

Return to “X4: Foundations”