Q,when your on a station ,and is underattack?.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Greenhorn
x3ap

Q,when your on a station ,and is underattack?.

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 22:19

Just wondering,with these modular huge stations ,you the player, walking around on it,and suddenly it comes under attack?.
Q,is there a station alarm.or something to alert player? .
Q,soppose I don't have a teleport thingy.,and station come under-attack .,Now I have to run to the launch bay, get on my ship ,fly to a certain distance from it, IN TIME.. ..ok, that's all , just wondering, if ego solve this..I don't have rebirth,so I don't know how this event works.just have terrin conflict +albine prelude..anybody can comment please on my senerio thanks :?: .
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Re: Q,when your on a station ,and is underattack?.

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 23:20

Didn't Rebirth put the outside world on hold while you were in a station? Either that, or set it to where ships wouldn't attack stations while you were in it?

Try your own experiment: get some ships to attack a station, and board it. Hang out on the station for 5-10 minutes, then leave.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Sao t'Lp
x4

Post by Sao t'Lp » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 23:32

In XR the outside world was not paused. You can witness battles outside of the station as long as there are some kind of windows on the docking platform. It's beautiful and I'm glad we can still do this in X4. :D
You want Split? :split:

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 23:50

Don't think there was ever any kind of "red alert" alarm though. Hoping there is such a thing this time around.

Of course, I strongly suspect this is moddable if it's not vanilla. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 00:15

Greenhorn wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 22:19
Just wondering,with these modular huge stations ,you the player, walking around on it,and suddenly it comes under attack?.
Q,is there a station alarm.or something to alert player? .
Q,soppose I don't have a teleport thingy.,and station come under-attack .,Now I have to run to the launch bay, get on my ship ,fly to a certain distance from it, IN TIME.. ..ok, that's all , just wondering, if ego solve this..I don't have rebirth,so I don't know how this event works.just have terrin conflict +albine prelude..anybody can comment please on my senerio thanks :?: .
Alarm is not a thing in XR but you can hear all the weapons firing if the station is under fire.

Stations have a lot of health, even separate modules take quite a lot of pounding before blowing up. Generally AI didn't have the fleet numbers to just blow one up instantly, you have plenty of time to reach your ship. But yes your dead if you can't manage your evacuation in time.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 00:36

But what happens when you're on a station when it reaches critical damage? Do you see any explosions or sparks inside? Or does it just have a Critical Existence Failure, and immediately show the Game Over screen?
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 01:39

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 00:36
But what happens when you're on a station when it reaches critical damage? Do you see any explosions or sparks inside? Or does it just have a Critical Existence Failure, and immediately show the Game Over screen?
As others have said the station you are on in Rebirth can get attacked, there are no 'extra' effects other than the actual weapons hitting the station, and I highly doubt anything other than the game over screen happens if the specific module you are on gets destroyed.

On a related note... I hope they have made AI actually do something when under attack. I was on a station in Rebirth once that was getting attacked by a massive Xenon fleet (that I... Ummm.... 'spawned') and im running around inside knowing that its about to blow, the sound of weapon fire all over the place, and some guy I walk past says "Whats with all the AI fuss?" :D :D :D
Last edited by Axeface on Wed, 14. Nov 18, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 01:43

You could see see battles anytime via F3 if that was the third person camera key and see the station outside. Same as large ships when you docked.

If they blew up the dock you were on you would die.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 02:25

csaba wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 00:15
you have plenty of time to reach your ship
yeah, but it won't be that easy this time with all those emergency exits pointing you away from docking area :)

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 03:13

You just press space on a docking platform, jump out of the artificial gravity zone and fight the Xenon ships with your lightsaber.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 16:10

repatomonor wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 03:13
You just press space on a docking platform, jump out of the artificial gravity zone and fight the Xenon ships with your lightsaber.
….or attack them with your spacesuit repair laser.......??? Ooops.

I do hope we still have repair options, besides paying a shipyard to do the work.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 19:13

Alci wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 02:25
csaba wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 00:15
you have plenty of time to reach your ship
yeah, but it won't be that easy this time with all those emergency exits pointing you away from docking area :)
Ships get towed down same as with ED. I guess those exit signs might be right. :mrgreen:

Return to “X4: Foundations”