X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 13:16

12 Gb is nice. I'd be worried if it would be 50+ Gb, but it would still be only several hours of download.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 13:27

But still they'll probably release pre loading a day before or so, which means if it's really 12 GB everyone should have it when finally released even with a 1mbit/s connection.

Anyway with 300mbit/s it'll be a matter of minutes :)
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 14:53

Collectors edition on pre-order
x3 Albion Prelude lined (with x3 Terran Conflict call back mod) installed for a warm up :)

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 17:38

Tycow wrote:
Fri, 5. Oct 18, 10:49
@_Zap_
Remember, Egosoft did release a NOSTEAM exe for X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth, so chances are they'll do it for X4. :)
True, but unfortunately you need steam to install the game in the first place. I got burned like that with AP, which still sits on my shelf having never done anything. Also, the altered binaries were only released quite some time after the initial release, afaik.

Egosoft are good guys, but I guess they won't be getting my money :-/
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 17:39

Quick math so : :gruebel:
Hypothetical 12 GB to download
Average download rate (for me at least) = 1.1 Mo/s
:arrow: A bit more than 3 hours to download :roll: :D !! If my wife doesn't Watch some Netflix serie in the mean time, of course!! :evil:
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 21:13

Miniding wrote:
Sat, 6. Oct 18, 17:39
If my wife doesn't Watch some Netflix serie in the mean time, of course!! :evil:
A few solutions:
- Buy her a DVD she loves
- Cut the cable going to the device using netflix
- Block the device through wifi
- Tell her the internet is a animal and it's suffering because of over netflixing! SAVE THE INTERNET STOP NETFLIX!
- Send her to a play or something
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 22:25

_Zap_ wrote:
Sat, 6. Oct 18, 17:38
Tycow wrote:
@_Zap_
Remember, Egosoft did release a NOSTEAM exe for X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth, so chances are they'll do it for X4. :)
True, but unfortunately you need steam to install the game in the first place. I got burned like that with AP, which still sits on my shelf having never done anything. Also, the altered binaries were only released quite some time after the initial release, afaik.

did steam kill your puppy? lol
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 6. Oct 18, 23:00

No, we will not be having another Steam debate here thanks!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rioshaw
x4

Post by Rioshaw » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 00:57

_Zap_ wrote:
Sat, 6. Oct 18, 17:38
Tycow wrote:
@_Zap_

Kudos for your beliefs
I refuse to participate in decimalisation, and have not been able to buy a computer video game sine 1971. :cry:

Vampyr
x4

Post by Vampyr » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 01:13

I just pre-ordered the collectors package and I am looking forward to the Linux version to be released. I do not own a Windows system so I really hope the version will be realised like the Twitter post seemed to confirm.
Anyway I want to give a little sign here that there are users on a Linux system that want to support and encourage egosoft! Thank you for the already existing Linux versions. :)
Ein Nichts im Nichts und ins Nichts vertrieben!
- Ren Dhark

TrueSanity
x4

Post by TrueSanity » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 05:40

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:11
Juggernaut93 wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 14:57
Witchy wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 14:53
Thanks, but it would have been nice if they had mentioned Steam weren’t taking orders yet, not all of us follow Twitter. This minor miscommunication does make me re-evaluate my purchase plan though. If they get minor thinks like this wrong is this going to be another Rebirth Disaster.
They have probably already told Steam to allow pre-orders and Steam is taking his time to turn on the feature. Just a guess, though, I have never published anything on Steam :D
Correct. Steam have been informed and it should hopefully available soon. The timezone difference is probably the main reason for the delay.

Nice to see that everyone has their pitchforks ready though. :roll:
Oh, and the torches are lit, just in case.

There are no current plans to douse them.

Torch dousing may become available in a future patch.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 09:32

Rioshaw wrote:
Sun, 7. Oct 18, 00:57
I refuse to participate in decimalisation, and have not been able to buy a computer video game sine 1971. :cry:
So you've never played an X game then? Also how do you procure food and other things that require currency?

Just 7 more weeks to go for those of us that still do pay for things :)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 10:53

Saw this review of X4 Foundations on YouTube and thought I'd pass it on:

TG10: X4 Foundations - Top 10 Reasons To Be Excited
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

cranium1
x4

Post by cranium1 » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:31

Is there a [b]physical[/b] collector's edition (like there was for X Rebirth) or is it digital download only?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:43

@ cranium1: That possibility is still under discussion between Egosoft and DeepSilver (a physical product usually has to have a publisher whilst a digital product can be self-published).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cranium1
x4

Post by cranium1 » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:49

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:43
@ cranium1: That possibility is still under discussion between Egosoft and DeepSilver (a physical product usually has to have a publisher whilst a digital product can be self-published).
Thanks for the quick reply! Just pre-ordered the collector's edition. I am fine with digital only for now but I do love stuff to put on my shelf! :D

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 22:56

cranium1 wrote:
Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:49
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 7. Oct 18, 15:43
Thanks for the quick reply! Just pre-ordered the collector's edition. I am fine with digital only for now but I do love stuff to put on my shelf! :D
And a giant universe map to put aside my desk :D
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 02:18

DannyDSC wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:35
Cyres wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:31
DannyDSC wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:29
I can't find the physical edition of the collector.

It's only digital???
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 14:49
we do not yet have a final agreement with DeepSilver regarding a boxed version.
NO.....very sad news...I think I'll wait
Same! I really loved the physical collectors edition of X-Rebirth which also came with a X novel book. If you guys announce a physical X4 collectors I'll be happy to pay a larger amount. Love my boxsets and X is one of the few series I'm willing to pay more $$ for a fancy collectors box edition.

I'm happy to see there's an English version of the second X book now! I really enjoyed the first one as was sad to discover the sequels had no translations.
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 08:42

Blake00 wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 02:18
DannyDSC wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:35
Cyres wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:31

NO.....very sad news...I think I'll wait
Same! I really loved the physical collectors edition of X-Rebirth which also came with a X novel book. If you guys announce a physical X4 collectors I'll be happy to pay a larger amount. Love my boxsets and X is one of the few series I'm willing to pay more $$ for a fancy collectors box edition.

I'm happy to see there's an English version of the second X book now! I really enjoyed the first one as was sad to discover the sequels had no translations.
Ehhhh...totally agree with you.

Also, this image is...a little misleading.

The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 13:59

The image is not misleading. Every single Steam game that does a digital-only collectors edition does the exact same thing with a picture of that nature. Why? I'm not sure, but I suppose it is the easiest way to represent what you are going to get.

People using Steam should know full well that it is a digital platform and it is really very clear that what you are going to get is digital content. I don't think there's any need to call foul play here, or to complain that you aren't getting a physical copy when it states in several places all over Steam and the X4 CE page that it is all digital-only downloads.
Admiral of the Fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”