DLC? Are You Kidding Me? CONTENT PATCHES!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shehriazad
x4

Re: DLC? Are You Kidding Me? CONTENT PATCHES!

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 19:34

Bozz11 wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 18:51
I still hope they fix and improve the game !
Anything that can be fixed without having to rewrite major parts of the engine just to make it work...will be fixed.

This game will also probably still see updates in 4+ years to add/change things. That's just who they are!

lyubarskiy
x4

Post by lyubarskiy » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:28

Disagree!!!

EgoSoft are a tiny company producing amazing experiences that I always love, not you rebirth, and always support. Unlike other publishers they don't money pinch and product content for the sake of content. That means that they rely heavily on continuous funding.

Looking at how fast they took player feedback and turned around X4 since launch should be amazing to anyone when comparing this to any other game in early access or post release. My confidence in the game being a full experience at 2.0 and 3.0 if absolute. It may not be at X3 level, but that game took years.
Now, I am desperate for DLC. I want EGO to have an incentive in maybe making a story, more factions and sectors. The only way to incentivize this would be to have a financial gain that will allow them to be in business.

TLDR. Yes they game may have release unfinished, but the road plan clearly has all the features released for free and DLC is just further expansion of the game that we all will benefit from

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:32

Shehriazad wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 11:45
You keep saying incomplete...
I'm not the only one.
Shehriazad wrote:
and seem pissed about Split returning as a DLC....
I'm not pissed about Split returning, but correct me if I'm wrong: weren't the Split present in Rebirth too?
I'm just saying, that Split being a base component of every previous game, shouldn't be behind a paid DLC.
Shehriazad wrote:
but as far as I am aware there is a reason that most races and faction are not present (aside from the obvious development standpoint).

All gates had disabled, shifted positions and were then reactivated way later.

This means that the Sohnen/Ancient ones DECIDED that it was a good idea to split the Split (lol) and the Borons OFF from the other factions for reasons we might not fully understand.
And that is the stupid reason given by Egosoft. I'm sure an advance civ like Sohnen/Ancients would recognize an impending Supernova and would shut down all gates in and near that star system.

The real problem is the Walking. Take that out and the game will not be diminished in any way. And it would make adding old base content so much easier.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:44

Being able to walk around my ship, to look up at transports docking and trading, to marvel at the sheer size of station components is one the very best parts of the game for me.
Removing this would definitely diminish my enjoyment of the game.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:18

Graaf wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:32
TEXT
Let us simply agree to disagree my friend. We both are just two sides of the same medal. In the end we just want the best X game possible..we just see differently on how we can get there and what needs to be worked on and what doesn't.

The only thing we can do NOW is to stay constructive and try to (all together) guide Egosoft to make X4 better than its' predecessors....then learn from that experience...and in 5 years make X5 even less of a buggy mess on launch ;)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:24

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 14:01
Did you read the announcement at the top of the forum, which gives a roadmap for fixes and new features that are part of the base game?

Regarding "selling release content as a DLC" we made it clear that not all races would be represented in the base game, and I explained here why this is the case.
Why would he? It is much better to just rant and rage.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:47

Shehriazad wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:18
The only thing we can do NOW is to stay constructive and try to (all together) guide Egosoft to make X4 better than its' predecessors....then learn from that experience...and in 5 years make X5 even less of a buggy mess on launch ;)
Again? With this rate the true successor of X3 will be X7....if we ever get there.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:53

Graaf wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:47
Shehriazad wrote:
Again? With this rate the true successor of X3 will be X7....if we ever get there.
What's your definition of a "true X3 successor"?

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 00:23

repatomonor wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:53

I guess he wants everything like it was in X3 but also wants everything to be fresh and new...but don't forget to keep it all nostalgic...but also make everything look new...without changing anything old... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Just pulling y'alls legs here ;)

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 05:18

all the contect of X3 TC + AP(an 8+ year process), plus all the content and graphics of Rebirth and new systems put in place in Rebirth, plus all the music from every game, with 0 bugs, on release... is the next true X game.

Also, other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Also, huge criticisms for any content not included that I deem important.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 05:21

On a serious note, me personally, I miss having a story.... with no story, I feel much less driven, and I get kind of aimless. I'd love an over-arching story to push slowly along at my own pace.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 07:18

repatomonor wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:53
Graaf wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 23:47
Shehriazad wrote:
Easy: a necessary remake of X3:TC/AP, only because it needs to run on the Rebirth Engine, with the addition of the expanded economy, modular station building and sector takeover. And to top that off some X2 too: X2 controls, cockpits and internal docking.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 08:44

Graaf wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 07:18
Easy: ..
Less tension, and a topping of self-irony - I prefer that tone.
There is a saying in German, concentrating and somewhat ironizing such wishful thinking: Die eierlegende Wollmilchsau. Meaning a pig laying eggs and producing wool and milk at the same time [tbh I have no idea if there is an analogon in English]. Wrote in a post yesterday in the German section that X4 as a sandbox-game already lays eggs in the actual state but the production of wool and milk's still in the making - and, at the end, all has to be transplanted into Piggy ;)

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 08:59

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 05:21
On a serious note, me personally, I miss having a story.... with no story, I feel much less driven, and I get kind of aimless. I'd love an over-arching story to push slowly along at my own pace.
Very much so. For me anyway

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 09:40

As long as AI is not fixed. No amount of stories, ships, or weapons will make the game better.

I won't enjoy watching my Split XL ship bumping into wrecks without being able to advance in Faulty logic. Or my future Terran Osaka taking 20 minutes to go through a jump gate.

Here's a nice DLC content idea: X4-foundations Enlightenment - Price: 15$

Contents: Drastically improved overall AI.

Damn, i would buy it rather than the split DLC lol

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 09:52

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 09:40
Here's a nice DLC content idea: X4-foundations Enlightenment - Price: 15$

Contents: Drastically improved overall AI.
Good thing for you, we dont put fixes in DLCs.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:21

I have to admit a few things.
I got a bit bored from the current state of the game so I decided to go back and play X3 and even started a new game.By day 2 it really stroke me as awkward that I found myself missing things from X4.
Things like the multitude of colours,the map (yes the map of all things) the spectacular views,the cockpits and so on, and there were some I didn't miss at all like the highways but I guess that this is a matter of personal preference.
One thing is certain for me; I really want this game to move forward and become everything it can be.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:31

consiefe wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 16:20
EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 16:03

Fewer turret types, yes (I miss my flak!). But there's still plenty of missiles to choose from in X4, only difference is that you have to install missile launchers now. In X3 Reunion, any ship could launch any missile directly from inventory. I prefer the new way, it makes a torpedo bomber feel like an actual, dedicated torpedo bomber and not just another Centaur with missiles in the cargo hold. Missiles seems to be all nuclear-tipped in X4 though...
And the dedicated bombers of X4 don't have more dedication for bombing than frigates or corvettes. No quadruple tubes, no bigger capacity...
Both the "bomber" and "frigate" in X4 are just corvettes actually. M6 class ships.

The Minotaur does make a good bomber though, it has the exact same loadout as the Cerberus but it does make a better bomber due to it's smaller profile (both torpedo bomber and plasma bomber). I often use them for attacking stations since they actually target modules instead of just shooting at the same point like capitals do. They do die very quickly if the station is equipped with missiles but, what doesn't?

A good change to better distinguish the "bomber" from the "frigate" would be to give the bomber additional front weapons at the cost of fewer turrets.
grapedog wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 05:21
Maybe I should try a storyline in an X game for a change, like the Rebirth one perhaps. It seems it's quite likable since people miss it in X4. I never bother with storylines in sandbox games.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:36

EmperorDragon wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:31
consiefe wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 16:20
EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 16:03

Fewer turret types, yes (I miss my flak!). But there's still plenty of missiles to choose from in X4, only difference is that you have to install missile launchers now. In X3 Reunion, any ship could launch any missile directly from inventory. I prefer the new way, it makes a torpedo bomber feel like an actual, dedicated torpedo bomber and not just another Centaur with missiles in the cargo hold. Missiles seems to be all nuclear-tipped in X4 though...
And the dedicated bombers of X4 don't have more dedication for bombing than frigates or corvettes. No quadruple tubes, no bigger capacity...
Both the "bomber" and "frigate" in X4 are just corvettes actually. M6 class ships.

The Minotaur does make a good bomber though, it has the exact same loadout as the Cerberus but it does make a better bomber due to it's smaller profile (both torpedo bomber and plasma bomber). I often use them for attacking stations since they actually target modules instead of just shooting at the same point like capitals do. They do die very quickly if the station is equipped with missiles but, what doesn't?

A good change to better distinguish the "bomber" from the "frigate" would be to give the bomber additional front weapons at the cost of fewer turrets.
Actually with lots of missile launcher slots and disalloving other guns would be better. Turret wise there should be a few for mediocre missile proteciton.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:53

consiefe wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 10:36
Actually with lots of missile launcher slots and disalloving other guns would be better. Turret wise there should be a few for mediocre missile proteciton.
That would work too, especially after 2.0 when we will be able to produce our own missiles/torpedoes. Plasma bombers is a pretty effective alternative though.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Return to “X4: Foundations”