Xenon Crisis event. Does it ever end?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Erpman
x4

Xenon Crisis event. Does it ever end?

Post by Erpman » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 22:13

Anyone have much experience with the new crisis event? When does it end?

I had the first 20 minute timer to start the thing... then I had to defend a system with a bunch of spawns in waves...
Then before that one ended, it popped up a new system that was being attacked...
Then after the first system was completed, i got the achievement for completing a crisis, and a new system popped up under attack... then another, then another.

I'm currently on system #8, with 0 break of invasions, with each starting before the last was completed.

Is this a bug? Or is this just a horrible game mechanic that makes the game no longer fun after you reach end game

I'm not entirely interested in the game becoming a never ending tower defense game, scrambling fleets back and forth through systems killing xenon and kha'ak ships that get to spawn anywhere they want in the system in giant waves.

none of it has been difficult to deal with, but it's become 100% running back and forth killing spawns

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Xenon Crisis event. Does it ever end?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 23:56

I can tell you that it does end, but I can't tell you exactly when because that varies from game to game.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:25

Interesting.

Maybe Egosoft should just make the Xenon much more powerful and faster to grow and leave it to do it's thing instead of this forced wave assault thing
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Erpman
x4

Post by Erpman » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:34

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 23:56
I can tell you that it does end, but I can't tell you exactly when because that varies from game to game.
Would be nice to know... because i'm now on my 12th sector being "invaded". And they are now spawning randomly in my space, or 10+ jumps away... This is an anti-fun mechanic. If there is an end to it, would be nice ot know, so I can make the decision to play through, or not play through.

I've officially hit the... the game is no longer fun to play, and I have willingly closed the game for the first time, in over 370 hours of gameplay.
I'd opt back out of the beta, but honestly, all the other changes... are too good for me to willingly play without them. So as is, i'll likely just wait until this mechanic is changed drastically, or removed.

The issue is, it's not avoidable, and is anti-fun, and not even challenging.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:55

As I said, it will end. I'm fairly sure you're past the half way mark.

Erpman
x4

Post by Erpman » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:59

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:55
As I said, it will end. I'm fairly sure you're past the half way mark.
Yeah I'm not doing another 20 hours of this event.

I'll wait for it to be removed, or given the option to opt out. rip 7.0 for me

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 02:39

Note to self .. have a decent sized fleet on patrol in every sector I own & like trading with before starting the Xenon Crisis.

=Baddieus=

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 04:24

This should really be in the spoiler section of the forum.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 07:07

From what ive been reading about this crisis event (havent actually played the beta), it sounds to me its not a thing i like.

For one thing i hate when ships just spawn out of nowhere and only target you.
The second thing is you cant really avoid it ... postponing it a bit with 500mil isnt ideal

Then there is the fact they target only you and choose a random system with your assets in it and attack. If im spread out then good luck defending all that.

I really hope they add a way to either skip the event, end it when i want via some game mechanic or something.

I also wish they rework this crisis so that the enemies come from somewhere else than spawning out of thin air and so that they target everyone not only the player. It would be a full map crisis where each race has to defend itself including the player. That would be nice
Known as "Test90" on discord

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 09:11

Before misinformation starts circulating, I need to point a couple of things out. First, the crisis can be avoided if you don't want to play it. And second, it is absolutely not in its final state, so don't pre-judge it on the basis of its current iteration, especially if you haven't tried it yourself. The point of a public beta is to get feedback, and we have a number of adjustments that we want to make anyway before release.
Duncaroos wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 04:24
Actually, it should really be in the Public Beta Feedback forum, in the feedback thread for the crisis event. :)

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:07

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 09:11
and we have a number of adjustments that we want to make anyway before release.
Does it means that in case I follow this Crisis in its current state as of 7.00 beta patch and "successfully win" it through, then I can or cannot participate in final version of that Crisis as of 7.00 release?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:30

It's a beta. We cannot guarantee 100% that things you do in the beta version won't prevent you from doing something else in the final version. That's why we tell people to back up their savegames before trying it. We make every effort to try to ensure that you are not "locked out" of something, of course, but you should be prepared that it might not always work out.

Erpman
x4

Post by Erpman » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 19:34

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 09:11
Before misinformation starts circulating, I need to point a couple of things out. First, the crisis can be avoided if you don't want to play it. And second, it is absolutely not in its final state, so don't pre-judge it on the basis of its current iteration, especially if you haven't tried it yourself. The point of a public beta is to get feedback, and we have a number of adjustments that we want to make anyway before release.
Duncaroos wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 04:24
Actually, it should really be in the Public Beta Feedback forum, in the feedback thread for the crisis event. :)
Can the process to skip it be told? I have absolutely loved 7.0 so far, minus the game-breaking (from my perspective) crisis event my save is now stuck in.

In-Game I was given no information on any options to skip the event, other than potentially the "oh hey, randomly i hope you have 500,000,000 sitting around, and if yo udon't you have 20 minutes to get it"

If skipping it is a viable option, i'd happily give that a go, so I could potentially see other positive or negative things in 7.0.

As it stands, with 0 knowledge of how to skip it, the game simply instantly became un-fun and unplayable for me. And without information on how to skip said event, I can't really test any other features.

DrunkenOrca

Post by DrunkenOrca » Sun, 12. May 24, 20:19

Hmm... just as idea : if new wave wont start until current finished then... just disable some K and let it float forever is a way?

SirLosealot
x4

Post by SirLosealot » Mon, 13. May 24, 16:05

Socratatus wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:25
Interesting.

Maybe Egosoft should just make the Xenon much more powerful and faster to grow and leave it to do it's thing instead of this forced wave assault thing
This. It would be much better imo if they simply buff the hell out of the Xenon and Khaak, maybe spawn ships in Xenon space and Khaak installations too so it will be an end game crisis for everyone, not just the player.

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Mon, 13. May 24, 16:48

SirLosealot wrote:
Mon, 13. May 24, 16:05
Socratatus wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 00:25
Interesting.

This. It would be much better imo if they simply buff the hell out of the Xenon and Khaak, maybe spawn ships in Xenon space and Khaak installations too so it will be an end game crisis for everyone, not just the player.
Everyone agrees with that except for the devs :roll:

Aeonova

Post by Aeonova » Tue, 14. May 24, 23:29

How do you trigger the end? I've been hit by at least 20 of these waves now. The last 2 had TONS of Ravagers each. It's really tough getting assets from one side of the map to the other in time. I broke my fleets into smaller response teams and that worked for a few waves. But now those teams can't stand against 6-8 Ravagers + 60+ KHK fighters + 1-2 I's + 4-6 K's + 40+ XEN fighters. I mean... dude.

Return to “X4: Foundations”