What is the most fustrating experience u constanty get by playing this game..

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: What is the most fustrating experience u constanty get by playing this game..

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 1. May 24, 20:00

Koizuki wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 19:55
Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 19:47
Sometimes it just not register it or a tiny move of the mouse prevents it, it's just bothering at times.
Yeah, I get what you mean; I sometimes end up missing too and then the pilot starts turning around to get up.
BUT, even when that happens you still don't need to wait for the whole animation to finish -- simply aim at the chair again behind the pilot and click a second time and you'll get in right away regardless of where the NPC is in their animation.
Often is my second click - address the pilot, and I have to wait out that animation, that.... :|
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Koizuki

Re: What is the most fustrating experience u constanty get by playing this game..

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 1. May 24, 20:13

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 20:00
Often is my second click - address the pilot, and I have to wait out that animation, that.... :|
If you mean the whole "Goodbye" sequence to exit out of a conversation with an NPC, there's also a way to skip that -- Bring up the map view, then return. Bringing up the map also interrupts/cancels the whole "Confirmed" sequence when you give orders to pilots and stuff via Comms. I use this when I'm mass-reassigning people around my fleet. Pause game > Comm > Work somewhere else > M to bring up map > Comm next person > etc... then unpause once I'm done and everyone goes everywhere they need to. It's cumbersome, but it is a workaround to skip all these little delays that works well enough.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 1. May 24, 20:43

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 20:00
Koizuki wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 19:55
Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 19:47
Sometimes it just not register it or a tiny move of the mouse prevents it, it's just bothering at times.
Yeah, I get what you mean; I sometimes end up missing too and then the pilot starts turning around to get up.
BUT, even when that happens you still don't need to wait for the whole animation to finish -- simply aim at the chair again behind the pilot and click a second time and you'll get in right away regardless of where the NPC is in their animation.
since you can go through npc you click on the chair go forward all.the way look down and click again, 100% works without any miss clicking
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

absaliks
x4

Post by absaliks » Wed, 1. May 24, 21:06

My complaint is long range scanner mechanics. I just can't understand why the same people who learnt to build such advanced spaceships, couldn't figure out the way to auto-release scan pulse when it charges to maximum power?! It's so silly!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 1. May 24, 22:01

absaliks wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 21:06
My complaint is long range scanner mechanics. I just can't understand why the same people who learnt to build such advanced spaceships, couldn't figure out the way to auto-release scan pulse when it charges to maximum power?! It's so silly!
My gripe with long range scanners is that we cannot order an NPC piloted ships to perform a long range scan, and they will not do it while performing the "explore" command. Makes no sense to me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. May 24, 22:43

Some things that have sometimes made me excessively frustrated with the game were to do with watching player-owned drones IS (for once it's not directly that they are slow).

Repair drones that launch during combat (with no player control possible) and either get slaughtered in the crossfire, inhibit your capital's escape/repositioning, or get abandoned and left behind.

Cargodrones transferring or collecting (which I really like to watch when they're behaving) just faffing around thinking or spinning pointlessly whilst trying to avoid things they didn't need to go near anyway, several going after the same container when there are lots of others to pick from, having to return home even if empty before going out again, or deciding to launch miles from the objective even though their host ship was already on its way there. Perhaps the most painful to watch is their total indecision when selecting how best to align when returning and close to their perfectly stationary home ship's drone port (head up, down, left, right, head off avoiding the others waiting in the drone docking queue and come in again - rinse and repeat).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 1. May 24, 23:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 22:43
Repair drones that launch during combat (with no player control possible) and either get slaughtered in the crossfire, inhibit your capital's escape/repositioning, or get abandoned and left behind.
That used to annoy me too. Found it endlessly frustrating when repair drones would launch as soon as my ship took the slightest scratch, get destroyed in the crossfire & then not be available when I really needed them (e.g. destroyed engines). However did find an effective workaround. I mod an S ship with Lubricator chassis mod & reroll until I get Unit Capacity as one of it's functions. I store repair drones on that S ship & only transfer them to the main ship when they're really needed. After repairs are complete I stuff them back in the S ship where they can't escape & annoy me. It's a bit clunky, a better solution would definitely be preferable, but it's far better than having no control over them at all.

While I'm here, my biggest gripe is probably the exclusion zones which prevent building close to docks & fabrication/maintenance bays. Don't think I've built a single major station where this didn't annoy me at some point & mess up the design I had planned for the station. Really wish I could turn them off. Generally the intrusion into the exclusion zone is so slight it would have no adverse impact on the ability of ships to dock. For example, can't think of a single reason why ships would have any more trouble docking here than at the maintenance bays on either side (which were permitted).

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Thu, 2. May 24, 08:09

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 22:01
My gripe with long range scanners is that we cannot order an NPC piloted ships to perform a long range scan, and they will not do it while performing the "explore" command. Makes no sense to me.
Should I get from this that you "whine" about this issue, while others happily play the game and enjoy it without long range scanner limitations bothering them? :gruebel:
Funny how that works...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. May 24, 11:56

@ Ragnos28: This thread asks for players' opinions and that is what Falcrack gave. There was no need at all for you to get personal about it and potentially derail the thread.

@ Falcrack: Dealt with and no need to respond further in defence.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. May 24, 12:18

The thing that drives me nuts the most, is how convoluded, time consuming clickfest it is to swap ship captains/pilots.

You have ability to train 100 pilots at HQ, but then the horrible GUI/logic force you to swap them one-by-one :(

This needs some kind of - mass select ships, r-click on HQ, swap for best pilot from HQ pool.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Thu, 2. May 24, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Thu, 2. May 24, 12:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 2. May 24, 11:56
@ Ragnos28: This thread asks for players' opinions and that is what Falcrack gave. There was no need at all for you to get personal about it and potentially derail the thread.

@ Falcrack: Dealt with and no need to respond further in defence.
I don't know, reducing any sort of criticism of some aspects of the game to "whining" sounds a bit condescending to me. :gruebel:
Just a player opinion. If I'm allowed to express it...if not...fine then.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. May 24, 13:03

Another anoying as heck thing is that by default at shipyard, game assign 50% of service crew and 50% marines to the ships, but you need 100% service crew for optimum performance.

Just make 100% service crew a default setting - it's marines that are situational.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 2. May 24, 14:11

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 2. May 24, 13:03
Another anoying as heck thing is that by default at shipyard, game assign 50% of service crew and 50% marines to the ships, but you need 100% service crew for optimum performance.

Just make 100% service crew a default setting - it's marines that are situational.
I think anyone assigned as either a marine or service crew should act as service crew for the purpose of ship skill level. Assigning them as marines should only affect whether they are available to get sent on boarding ops.

pittlebelge
x4

Post by pittlebelge » Thu, 2. May 24, 15:01

For me, the most annoying thing are the exploding asteroids. I've lost so much time waiting for my brand new raptors and asgard to get repaired after hitting those mines right out of a jumpgate or accelerator. Those exploding asteroids only provide frustration, they are even incredibly tedious to clean up. This is not great game design.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 2. May 24, 15:52

It's the immersion stuff when in 1st person for me. The thing no one cares about so i know I'm likely wasting my time writing this:

1. Not being able to really customise my personal ship npc pilot or crew in general. NPC have no real bio at all. I spend so much time with them ordering them about and know nothing about them except how many Stars they have in piloting or Marine, etc. They even die for me no complaints yet I know nothing of them. Bleh. I would never be this way with people in a business. I'd like to know who they were every now and then.

2. Platforms are very, very boring in 1st person. Very little to do. I go to the trade shops, it's always the same boring music, no variety. The sales man just stands there and doesn't appear to be doing anything like maybe tapping on a computer (immersion), just cardboard. Bars are incredibly lifeless, everyone just sits or leans on things. You can't do anything, no playing cards, or dartboard games, gambling, or buying drinks- Nothing. Not even a sexy hologram of a dancing lady to look at. Music - is there even any Bar music in these places? I mean talk about DEAD. Frustrating.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Althalos
x4

Post by Althalos » Fri, 3. May 24, 09:23

The ability of commonwealth factions to suicide a universe worth of ship tonnage in a Planck time, bringing their economies to a standstill.

I hope they get a blacklist system, because places like Hatikvah's Choice I / Tharka's Cascade XV are an utter black hole of common sense. Same with Argon and Paranid sending their freighters through Pontifex space.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 3. May 24, 12:09

• Losing a high-level trader without warning, just a log entry some hours ago "Killed by unknown in sector x ..".
  • Having a station with several thousand population but running around to find it almost empty.
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 3. May 24, 15:05

Cargo/personel shuttles that turn red around a station, and no nucleair blast can kill them :lol:. Same as some drones around Xenon stations, some are kill-able and some not, why the difference? If we start shooting those at a friendly station, it happened to me that I accidently hit the station and the station sends out a warning and most of the time fighters. So much fun to lose rep in a very fast way!
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Huib-Bloodstone
x4

Post by Huib-Bloodstone » Fri, 3. May 24, 22:51

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 14:39
The damn shoot civil ships to gain rep :evil: :mrgreen:
and sometimes they are invincible/ghost :) no hitbox
"a problem well put is half solved"

Return to “X4: Foundations”