Set up a trade loop

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amoe
x4

Set up a trade loop

Post by amoe » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 14:14

Is there any way to set up a trade loop? So that I could tell my freighter "keep buying Engine Parts at specific station X, and keep selling them to specific station Y". I can see AutoTrade, but that's covering all known stations.

reqw
x4

Re: Set up a trade loop

Post by reqw » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 14:20

i dont think so

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 14:52

There are 2 ways to autotrade ... actually 5 if you include import and export as well as sector trade.
The one you are trying is the one from the command menue (sector or galaxy) but there's a default option trader.
Default is that your ship holds position. You can change that to autotrade and THEN you can specify ware.
Add engine parts and - i can't read the full entry - but i presume that the first entry is jumps to buy and the second one is jumps to sell.
So start with your trader in the sector with the shipyard, add engine parts, set 10 buy and 0 sell for jumps and he *should* import engine parts.
Have fun: Gala Do.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:20

PS: Yep, that's exactly how it works. Tested it and now the trader is going to buy everywhere and sells to that one shipyard that i want him to BUT ...
But it seems that you'll have to SET the command while he is in the sector you want him to supply! It doesn't seem to work if it just activates by idling there.
He will go back to where the default command was created!

Spiralrazor

Post by Spiralrazor » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:30

Ghalador wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:20
PS: Yep, that's exactly how it works. Tested it and now the trader is going to buy everywhere and sells to that one shipyard that i want him to BUT ...
But it seems that you'll have to SET the command while he is in the sector you want him to supply! It doesn't seem to work if it just activates by idling there.
He will go back to where the default command was created!
yeah, they never tell ya that part.

Where you first issue a command is very important, heh.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:54

Spiralrazor wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:30
yeah, they never tell ya that part.
Not sure they know. :lol:

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:12

Spiralrazor wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:30
Where you first issue a command is very important, heh.
Yes and it's actually a very good thing, because if you want to switch to a different zone and provide engine parts to a wharf there all you have to do is tell your trader to move there. All other commands should update automatically and consider the sector you moved the trader to as the new "home" sector. I would however love to see where the home sector of a ship is and would love to be able to ban trading and/or moving through areas belonging to certain factions. Like I know it's slightly shorter to move that sweet spacefuel through Argon sectors to Pius, but it's much, much safer to go through Teladi space. Two more jumps ain't worth losing an entire cargo to an unwaranted search ;).

Return to “X4: Foundations”