Suggestion: Include commands to move ships to dock storage and back

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Suggestion: Include commands to move ships to dock storage and back

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 10:20

I'm seeing this on the steam forum and I agree.

We need menu/order commands for the player to send and retrieve ships from station and carrier storage. The current automated method of doing so causes frustration in certain cases such as the Argon frigate. Where docking a fighter places it right in front of your cockpit and requires you to do a convoluted docking dance with an additional small ship to duck things down.

I also had a case where my Corvette docked at my station as ordered, and I was about to manually board it when it got sucked into storage due to a landing trader. I couldn't pull it back to the surface.

Val Comdriver
x4

Re: Suggestion: Include commands to move ships to dock storage and back

Post by Val Comdriver » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 12:58

sorry, but I have to copy my message from other thread here:
Val Comdriver wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 12:53
Wish we had this from the beginning. The animation is so cool what I would stay for hours hiding/unhiding docked ships. Also that will help a lot with fights on ships with landing pads but also would be cool to have that on player owned stations and may be even on NPC stations with player ships
My PC specs for bug reports
Show
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • 32 GB DDR4 3600 (CMW16GX4M1Z3600C18)
  • Windows 7 Pro SP1

Vovva
x4

Post by Vovva » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:00

Totally agree with auther. It's very useful function especially at Cerberus frigate, where docked S ship take nearly half of the screen. Also there is a problem to lift your ship up frome storage - you need to have crew there and give your ship an order to fly away and land just to get to the ship.

KillZ0n3
x4

Post by KillZ0n3 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:06

+1 :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”