Any chance for some sort of ingame film editor? Would you want one?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you like an ingame film editor?

Poll ended at Sat, 21. Oct 17, 15:04

Yes
13%
No
87%

Total votes: 30

FlightJunkie
x4

Any chance for some sort of ingame film editor? Would you want one?

Post by FlightJunkie » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 15:04

ever since the internet got in my life I couldn't help but notice that the X-universe community was making machinima with the games. Thats since 2006. They had to circumvent the limitations posed by the games, however. Be it with mods or otherwise, it was not easy.

Is there any chance to see a film editor in X4, especially now that war over territory is a thing?

There have been many times I wished there was something like that. Like when I tried capturing the plutarch blockade ship sitting in front of the canteran gate.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 15:08

Like what GTA has?

Or do u just want to record stuff like with fraps or shadowplay from nvidia.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 15:18

There are plenty of good game-recording tools out there, and plenty of film-editing tools. While I'm sure there are a small number of people for whom it might be interesting to create and edit films without leaving the game, the amount of developer time required to make it happen would be wildly out of proportion to the benefit.

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 15:27

Skeeter wrote:Like what GTA has?

Or do u just want to record stuff like with fraps or shadowplay from nvidia.
I have no experience with what GTA has to offer, but what I mean is to be able to record a situation, and then edit the in game clip.

The main thing here is to be able to add cameras wherever you can.

In freespace2's editor you could make movies, but obviously that wasn't ingame and it was not simple to use. But there are better examples. Theres the action camera on empire at war, though it lacks the controls, and a somewhat better example are the replays on battlestar galactica deadlock.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 19:01

I think what most have really desired are better/different camera settings. Perhaps a camera selection that would focus/follow a target from a distance set by the user?

For instance - User selects the camera, targets self, moves the camera fairly close, then starts recording, moves the ship, the camera stays stationary until a certain distance, then follows the target (player's ship). Player targets an enemy ship, camera moves to the set distance (not a "jump" to the distance, but a camera dolly move) and then maintains that distance.

Or.. something. :) IOW - Better or more customiszble camera control is what I remember reading about back when X3TC players were making a lot of vids

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 22:14

CBJ, I was gonna post something along the lines of what morkonan wrote above this post

Return to “X4: Foundations”