Destroys the experience (Constant Re-alignment)

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grizzley78

Destroys the experience (Constant Re-alignment)

Post by grizzley78 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 02:43

I would really like to get to play this game, but the one thing that has me taking off my Rift is the constant re-alignment of the screen! OMG how annoying is this!!! I think it has to do with your tutorial popup messages. I noticed, especially when reading on my right screen, the popup would update and the entire display would re-align as if I was looking straight! This makes it unplayable as I'm having to constantly either resetting the align via RIFT menu or turning so I'm facing properly.

AlsoIralith
x4

Post by AlsoIralith » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 05:11

Hey, question: are you using the Oculus Touch controller? If so, note that the . . . blast, what's it called, the non-button button that's on the left controller (not X, not Y, not the menu button, but rather the flat thing to the right of X) is a "realign" button. You have to hold it there for a moment, but it will realign you.

I mention this because (a) it's faster than using the Rift menu and (b) I'm half-wondering if, in fact, you're hitting it by accident sometimes.
His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white:
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 11:43

It's called them thumb-rest... If you hold your finger on it for a few seconds, it recenters. If you prefer to not have this, simply reconfigure it in the controls-menu.

grizzley78

Well I'll be damn!

Post by grizzley78 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 16:53

Hey, question: are you using the Oculus Touch controller? If so, note that the . . . blast, what's it called, the non-button button that's on the left controller (not X, not Y, not the menu button, but rather the flat thing to the right of X) is a "realign" button. You have to hold it there for a moment, but it will realign you.
I've never experienced this before in any other game, guess my fingers were always on the buttons...I purposefully moved my finder to the circle flat section and yep the screen re-aligned.

Thanks for this...Any way to disable this?

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”