[4.20 HF1] Is performance better than X-Rebirth ?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Perkel
x4

[4.20 HF1] Is performance better than X-Rebirth ?

Post by Perkel » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 13:33

Hi, i am now considering buying it but i have fear that like X-Rebirth it will run like crap.

I have right now i7-7700k + rx480 8GB and 8GB DDR4-3200mhz but X-rebirth runs at best 40-50fps in zones where there isn't much on screen and can dip as far as 20-30 fps in zones where there is actually something going on.

Is VR version actually work better with introduction of Vulcan ?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 13:37

Title updated with version number.

Players will be able to provide their experiences but keep in mind that That whilst XR VR has had some optimisations compared to regular XR, using VR is anticipated to create additional performance overheads. So it may be more of a give-and-take rather than improvements.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 14:51

@Perkel;

Check 3 things:

- Is X-Rebirth really using the xr480 or something else... like an intel integrated GPU.
- Have you tried to set the priority to High or Realtime in the task manager (WIndows 10)

-> CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Task manager -> Click TAB Details - scroll down to X-Rebirth -> Right click -> Set Priority Real time / High.

- Are you running this in 4K?

A system like that should be able to breeze through XR Vanilla. I played it fine on my previous system which was a laptop (and not a gaming laptop neither).

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”