Trade Offer Updates - Resolved with mod

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

Trade Offer Updates - Resolved with mod

Post by Franc Kaos » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 16:55

Since the number of NPCs has been drastically reduced in this version, waiting for smalltalk to get this has become excruciating. Maybe add the offer after doing a successful mission for the station or something. I'm guessing ideally you want one at each station?

Cheers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 17:40

From the 4.20 changelog:

Added chance to acquire a trade agent as reward for defeating hostile ships close to a station.

Did you mean just trade offers or also the access to trade agents that expose all trade offers?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:38

Access to trade agents (shows an eye next to station name on map).

Does that reward happen automatically? because I've been thanked for defeating hostile ships close to a station but I thought I just got credits. I'll check it out, cheers.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 03:37

Franc Kaos wrote:Access to trade agents (shows an eye next to station name on map).

Does that reward happen automatically? because I've been thanked for defeating hostile ships close to a station but I thought I just got credits. I'll check it out, cheers.
When I've realised this has happened to me, a dark-space suited NPC has popped up on my event monitor with flashing background. Clicking on the NPC game me the option of accepting a Trade Update (the eye thing) or a cash reward. I think it defaults to the cash reward if we don't talk with the NPC.

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 11:46

Trade Agent issue ... yes :)

There IS the chance to get an offer for trade updates (agents) by shooting enemy ships around a station, but it's rare. Maybe 1 out of 15 kills around a station will give you this offer as far as i can tell.

Since for me it's absolutely boring to wait in front of an NPC forever (especially in VR) to get the chance to talk to him or wait forever around a station to get the chance to shoot down a hostile private or enemy ship just to hope to get the trade agent offer i use the 'flyby subscribe' mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =635986498

which works fine for VR, leaves you in charge to explore the universe and fly near a station but cuts off this unneeded an (in my oppinion) just boring wait for the trade agent offer.

Would be even better if there would be an option to pay for this service instead of just flying near the station but anyway. Would be also ok to always have the possibility to start a smalltalk with the only available NPC on the platforms - this way they could stay with the minigame thing. Hope Ego will change it in some way in the next patch.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 19:47

Nice one Boeng01. I've been avoiding mods but I finally caved at the weekend and got a Skunk texture makeover (bare breasted skunks just don't do it for me).

Nice to see this one with a direct download too - I bought the oculus version.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 21:04

I'm closing this thread now because modding an Early Access game rather defeats the object of continuing Early Access release feedback.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”