[4.20 HF1] Tutorial mission broken maybe...

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

[4.20 HF1] Tutorial mission broken maybe...

Post by rp198419 » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 20:57

Hi everyone.

I'm stuck in the first mission, which is also a tutorial.

I have activeated the long range scanner and the highlighted text is telling me to 'find the lockbox;. There is no additional information or 'guidance' in the active missions screen when activated.

There appears to be no lockbox around either.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 21:10

There should have been a lockbox spawned relativly close in front of you. Of course, perhaps you got turned around. The mission should continue if you find any other lockbox out there.

big_bad_lynx

Post by big_bad_lynx » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 21:40

It's specific to one crate. I had to repeat few times this mission in order to move on as
first I couldn't find it
second - I smashed it
third - I founds loads of them and tutorial didn't move on
fourth - Success!

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 02:35

Yes, thank you. Finally did it but these tutprials - especially the trading section - are incomprehendable.

I've reached the point where it says "Lets make 538,000 credits" or something and then...nothing! Not another word.

It would be helpful if they said HOW this is to be achieved.

What is needed is a walkthrough of that first mission, step by step; then we might be able to understand how it all works, At present, it is typical of a tutorial designed by those who assume that everyone knows already how to play this game. Some of us are new to it and have never played Rebirth before.

Very, very poor tutorial design in my opinion.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 07:43

I didn't realise (like for hours) that not only do you have to turn long range scan on, you have to long press R* (then release it before it times out) to get a ping back on objects around you. They also, annoyingly, don't show up on the radar.

* Or assign R to a button.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”