[4.20 release] Quick menu query with Hotas

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

[4.20 release] Quick menu query with Hotas

Post by Franc Kaos » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 14:58

The biggest advantage of VR controller however is how they work as pointer devices for the computer screens as well as the HUD rectangles. Everything you see you can interact with by simply pointing at it.

With the Oculus Touch, pointing is activated by just pointing with your index finger.
So, I've started setting up my HOTAS, even got a button for quick menu but is there any way of implementing the point system of the Touch? I notice there are numbers around the menu but of course, I can't see the keyboard...

Even as I write it I'm thinking maybe the HAT might work, it has 8 positions. Will give it a try and report back.

Also, as another post mentioned, the X56 HOTAS doesn't have a central notch on the throttle, but the settings don't <seem> to allow for that configuration. Elite Dangerous allows for full throttle one way and holding a button instigates reverse thrust with the throttle. Maybe an idea?

Also also, shame no external cam, I understand the reasoning but would still like the option :)

Runs beautifully on medium with an i5, 1060 and 16GBs RAM btw (not gotten into a fight yet, so...), gonna try pushing the envelope once I've got the controls down pat. Cheers.

Henkka77

Re: Quick menu query

Post by Henkka77 » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 15:38

Franc Kaos wrote:
The biggest advantage of VR controller however is how they work as pointer devices for the computer screens as well as the HUD rectangles. Everything you see you can interact with by simply pointing at it.

With the Oculus Touch, pointing is activated by just pointing with your index finger.
So, I've started setting up my HOTAS, even got a button for quick menu but is there any way of implementing the point system of the Touch? I notice there are numbers around the menu but of course, I can't see the keyboard...

Even as I write it I'm thinking maybe the HAT might work, it has 8 positions. Will give it a try and report back.

Also, as another post mentioned, the X56 HOTAS doesn't have a central notch on the throttle, but the settings don't <seem> to allow for that configuration. Elite Dangerous allows for full throttle one way and holding a button instigates reverse thrust with the throttle. Maybe an idea?

Also also, shame no external cam, I understand the reasoning but would still like the option :)

Runs beautifully on medium with an i5, 1060 and 16GBs RAM btw (not gotten into a fight yet, so...), gonna try pushing the envelope once I've got the controls down pat. Cheers.
Exactly my problems also. That quick menu should be usable with HOTAS hat, using keyboard is just a no go with VR.
Thrustmaster FCS doesnt have that center notch either and i cant find any way to get the throttle to work with 0-100% scale than 50-50 as it is now.
Reverse could be binded to some button, like i have in Elite.

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Re: Quick menu query

Post by Bernd » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 20:59

Henkka77 wrote:
Franc Kaos wrote:

Exactly my problems also. That quick menu should be usable with HOTAS hat, using keyboard is just a no go with VR.
Thrustmaster FCS doesnt have that center notch either and i cant find any way to get the throttle to work with 0-100% scale than 50-50 as it is now.
Reverse could be binded to some button, like i have in Elite.
The POV hat for digipad input should be possible. We will look into this!
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”