[MOD] Marine Rebalance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 09:04

28.Jun.2015 - Compatibility update - should now be compatible with Linux and Mac versions.

Windows users need not re-download.

However, I am unable to verify compatibility since I don't have access to a box running Linux or whatever they're calling the Mac OS at the moment, so feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 14:33

5.Jul.2015 - Nexus and Steam Workshop versions of this mod are now updated to v0.47

Compatibility update - Should now be compatible with Linux and Mac versions of X Rebirth.

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 22:39

Confirmed to work under Linux :-)

Was quite a shock to see my boarding strength jump from a vanilla 133 to 500+ with this mod.
I can suddenly take on a Taranis without stripping it to 10% hull :O

I'm also very impressed with the gui overhaul, I dig the progress percentage!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 23:53

Hi CulunTse,

Thanks for the confirmation! And thanks again for your work on exploring compatibility with the Linux build.

Yeah, it's a jump in attack strength. It'll come in handy, though. The attrition range is expanded, and although you'll probably win if your boarding strength is higher than your target's boarding resistance, you'll take some losses if your boarding strength is less than a hundred points higher than a target's boarding resistance and you don't do prescan. And losing elites is gonna hurt.

And glad you like the info display. Lots of ideas for that came from final polishing work with Rubini.

Sindrali
x3tc

Post by Sindrali » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 21:21

Hi !
I love your mod and I try to translate it into French.
I finished translating but I have a problem with a line...
Can you explain this line ?
<t id = " 104 "> Boarding Options detected. \ n Ship disabling activated routine. </ t>

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 21:38

Hi Sindrali,

Glad you're enjoying the mod. And yes, a translation to French would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

On that line, says:

<t id="104">Boarding Options detected. \n Ship disabling routine activated.</t>

Means that the routine to disable ships has been activated.

This is displayed when camus' excellent Boarding Options mod is detected, since it's often used to direct a particular way to disable a ship, like targeting all turrets.

Sindrali
x3tc

Post by Sindrali » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 21:55

Ahhhh thank you ! I have finish my translation.
Can I send it to you ?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 22:05

Thanks! By all means!

Easiest would probably be to upload it somewhere and send me a link. You could post the link here, or send it to me via PM.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 23:04

8.Aug.2015 - Nexus and Steam Workshop versions of this mod are now updated to v0.48

Games set to display text in the French language should now display text from this mod in French as well.

Many thanks to Sindrali for this excellent translation!

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 12:55

w.evans
I'm found a conflict with AI script engineer.ai from "Carriers - Arawn S/M Launch- and Docking" from there:
EG Forum: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=377011
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =393167595

My problem was described here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 98#4543998

Both extensions have the engineer.ai script.
Should I use only one extension, right? Or you can fix it?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 13:00

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it, but should be fine. The change to engineer.ai that MR does (add drone bays to the priority repair list) is different from what Marvin does (adds repair functionality to small ships).

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 19:40

Note, that I have yet another mod: Engiener-100% from there: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =487250255
(Manual reparing for everithing around is too boring to me)
Half of my debug log is about repair drones and engineer.ai

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 19:45

iWARR wrote:Note, that I have yet another mod: Engiener-100% from there: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =487250255
(Manual reparing for everithing around is too boring to me)
Half of my debug log is about repair drones and engineer.ai
Could be the problem. Last time I checked, it completely overwrites the vanilla script, so, depending on load order, it'll either overwrite changes to engineer.ai done by any other mods, or changes done by other mods won't connect since the structure would be changed.

edit: If that is the case, then both this mod and Carriers should be fine except drone bays won't be prioritized for repairs (unless it already is in Engineer 100), and Marvin's carrier-based fighter repair functionality won't work.

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 19:59

I had the same problems before I install Engineer 100%.
But if I delete Marvin's mods (both), I have broken saves.
I just don't know what I should do to fix my trouble and clear my saves.
May be you give me advise?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:06

I seriously doubt that Marvin's mod is causing problems with the engineer script since it's really just a spot change. Targets a very specific spot and adds a line. Also, I use it myself and I don't have those problems.

Re: uninstalling the carrier mod, undock all fighters from all carriers and uninstall.

More problematic would be uninstalling the mod that adds carrier functionality to the Sul because that changes in-game assets and will need save-editing to uninstall, although I'm pretty sure the description said as much. It really just adds docks to the two Sul ships, though, doesn't do anything else, so it won't impact the engineer script either way.

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:11

And what if I NEVER didn't have any ship for the fighters to dock (yet)? But will?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:17

Then you can just uninstall the carrier mod.

Just to be clear, it is in two mods:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =393167595

is the carrier mod, and can just be uninstalled as long as you don't have any fighters docked with carriers. (Could be safe even if they are docked, but I'd undock them just to be sure.)

And this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =394441537

adds docks to the Heavy and Light Sul. This cannot be removed without save-editing, and it says so right on the box.

Really though, I seriously doubt that these are causing your problems. I have them both, although I got them straight from Marvin's thread, and I'm not seeing the problems that you are.

If you send me your list of mods, I could take a look. At the very least, I could tell you which mods I don't have installed, and you could start looking there. I suggest we take this to PM, though, since it really doesn't have anything to do with Marine Rebalance.

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:23

OK, thank you for your great support!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:26

I have time at the moment, so not a problem.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 21:59

12.Aug.2015 - Marine Rebalance is updated to v0.49

Quick fix to make sure that the engineer.ai tweak lands correctly.
Credit to Sindrali for the French t-file was already typed, but not saved before the last upload! Apologies. Fixed.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”