[MOD] REM for Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Syphus

Post by Syphus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:37

98abaile wrote:As an idea, if you can't get this to work, can you just massively increase the speed of the player ship in the highways? It'd be more interesting to be overtaking ships rather than having to try and slipstream. Also, if you could cut the phantom traffic in half that would be great.
I am almost certain the phantom traffic has a value per Sector as there is far less in DeVries.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:57

Got the ships to use boosters as well if they have the, fitted. Need to look into how to add boosters to the rest and play with there speed but this part seems possible at least.

BKTiel
x3ap

Post by BKTiel » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:30

What if you just made highways function like jumpgates? Click the icon to pull up the radial menu, pick a destination, bam, you're where you want to be without the dumb minigame and not-ships.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:39

I'm modding up now that they've patched trade ships - maybe.

What is the current state of this beauty?

poster55
x3

Post by poster55 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:04

I have a small request. Can you split this into two separate mods? Some people might want to keep the highways, but have unlimited boost for example. Myself being one of them ;) I could do it myself probably, I'm just lazy. :D

rocstar187
x3tc

Post by rocstar187 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:41

I would love just the unlimited boost also please

stones1601

Post by stones1601 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:06

Very easy to split it, did it myself a few minutes ago. Install it as you would any extension and go into the folder, find macros.xml in the index folder and open it (with notepad++ or whatever), delete these two lines

<entry name="highway*" value="extensions\RS_NoLanes\maps\XU_ep1_universe\zonehighways"/>

<entry name="radar_ship_s_player_01_macro" value="extensions\RS_stars\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\radar_ship_s_player_01_macro"/>

And your pretty much done but to tidy up a bit delete the "maps" folder and the "SurfaceElements" folder you can find in assets.

Job done, mega booster unlocked :) All credit to Realspace

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:07

Realspace wrote:
Jack08 wrote:what happens to the AI when it trys to go from place to place? i dont think the AI is programmed to use boosters on long trips unless its a capital.
nothing, this involves player ship only. I my be wrong but other ships don't use the lanes, the trader either jump from sector to sector or use a fast drive inside the zone, they don't use the lanes. If you ever stay on the freighter while travelling (give order to the captain) you see it.
Incorrect, AI ships DO use the lane; although the majority of what you see in the lanes isn't real. I have seen AI ships enter the lane and then exit out the other end, I've also watched AI ships go into the lane, and then exit when I'm in another sector, or have seen them flying through the lane while sitting still.

So yes, the AI does use - just not on the same level that we actually SEE in the lane, our AI ships also use them as well.

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 06:57

There is a move.nohighway script. Can that not be used for trade ships instead?
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 07:33

Indeed, every TS class freighter/miningship the NPC's use must use the highways to travel between zones. They are NOT to be confused with the "Consumer Ships" that just fly around as visual fluff.

There are normal TS sized freighters too.
That's why i was so surprised to see the Civ Shipyards not selling them to the player.
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Realspace
x4

Re: Good news

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 13:02

killerog wrote:
Realspace wrote:Good news!..I think. I checked the engine booster of other ships, apparently only player's ship has the limitations (that I've removed with the mod) so there is no reasons why ANY ship in the game can't use the booster to travel longer distances. They do not drain the shield nor stop. AT LEAST ALL THOSE SHIPS THAT HAVE A BOOSTER

Now AI, we should check what happens when the highways are no more there. If M class ships don't look for the lane but simply boost to the target, then we are there.

Please somebody already deep in the game and having some M ship under control can check this? Thanks
I am guessing the AI MD can be changed to make ships use boosters instead of highways if that's not the case. May be worth a look ?

edit: I have found what I think is the AI script to disable the use of highways. I can make the patch and upload it if you want realspace ?

Edit2: Just had a quick test and it seems to work lots of slow traders moving around space
great Killerog, that's exactley what I need. The mod is working very well, no issue whatever, the only thing is the small ships navigate at normal speed so it can slow down some parto of the economy, anyway they move. With your script we could make this mod work properly!

In order to try the mod I restarted a new plot game with this and the backround mod on...can only say: IT IS ANOTHER GAME, really, immersion is incredible now, the vastiness of space, it is totally different experience. About the ship AI. They don't get stuck without the highways, the bigger freighter use their boost too, the smaller simply cross the sector at normal speed, so it can slow down the economy but NO REAL ISSE NOR MALFUNCTIONING. I highly recomend to at least try it, you won't regret. Somehow I see much more things around now, I stop near the stations, it is a differente game

BlackAlpha
x2

Post by BlackAlpha » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:40

Doesn't this break the small freighter AI because now they can't use the highways anymore to travel from station to station?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:55

BlackAlpha wrote:Doesn't this break the small freighter AI because now they can't use the highways anymore to travel from station to station?
not 100% sure but no AI break, just they now go the normal route instead of using hw, I met many travelling from zone to zone, at normal speed though, so it can affect the economy.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 17:24

I have this idea , know it more for the future and its somthing I will try once I got the hang of rebirth moding.

is to put gates but a new kind of gate ,it works the same as a gate just with the model of a super highway.
know in X2/3 there was a limit to the number of gate but I dont think rebirth will have one and sins these are gate you go in one way go out the other.

that idea is just to help the economie and should only conect half the sectors to gether not all.

now I have to say , I LOVE this mod. I feel so proud to be part of X right know.

you added like 5000% more depth by removing a feature....lol why is it allways like that?

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 18:19

This is an amazing mod. To think Freelancer actually felt more impressive than X Rebirth before this... Thank you!

BloodyRain

Post by BloodyRain » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:47

What I'd like to have is a version of this mod that leaves the highway where they are but removes all phantom ships and instead gives you unlimited default boost and boosted topspeed in highways.

That way I can use them like before, npc's can too, the minigame ships can go to hell and I can still explore offlane nicely.

What'd actually be useful but probably hard to do with modding is to have a secondary booster that works like our current booster, discharges shields but overcharges the booster so you go real fast, for when the normal booster doesn't cut it but that's just me wishing :3

I'd just love the changes above already.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:39

that is a completely different approach, this of mine is for those who don't like at all those yellow tubes, but there is a released mod for what you ask, see the databae or the Rebirth Nexus

fireslide
x3tc

Post by fireslide » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 04:21

Have you considered leaving the highways there but making them invisible?

That way npc traffic plots/missions would not be affected.

cptgreg

Post by cptgreg » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 06:10

Realspace wrote:
BlackAlpha wrote:Doesn't this break the small freighter AI because now they can't use the highways anymore to travel from station to station?
not 100% sure but no AI break, just they now go the normal route instead of using hw, I met many travelling from zone to zone, at normal speed though, so it can affect the economy.

YES!!! best mod so far
i couldnt play the game as it is with the boring highways
much much more lifely with your mod

KopiG
x4

Re: Thanks

Post by KopiG » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:30

oooook Embarassed that explains, I still did not get there, wasting my time to mod instead of playing!! it is just that...highways are so boring, game is targeting from a lane to another, you can't even target the destination, have to use the highway to find the destination and can not even uderstand where you are, claustrophobic at least, I'm ok with them for long distances but inside the sector is terrible
EXACTLY my thoughts. I cannot see where am I going. I also feel shut inside something and I cannot see my surroundings.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”