Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 21:36

Is there any mod re-balancing missiles (not adding new ones)? Currently I don't find them very interesting.

For example Starflashes should be reliable but they have trouble hitting even slow fighters. Are their behavior / flight pattern moddable? I know speed and acceleration in different directions are moddable but I don't know about the actual "AI".

Dumbfire ones are less effective than guided ones against capitals, they do less damage (even if x2) and have the same radius (if I remember correctly radius were different previously).

Also I think they should be more durable, often I simply don't use them because I'm getting hit and NPC fighters pretty much kill themselves because of the same reason.

Oh, and it there any mod adding ware collector drones? :p A drone with some cargo capacity fetching wares (inventory) in the vicinity and returning them.

Artdeux
x4

Post by Artdeux » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 06:02

Is there a mod that stops reputation loss while boarding a ship that has been hacked?

Always found it strange that a ship in the middle of no-where that has been hacked or had its radar dish blown up still manages to send a message of who is attacking them.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 06:49

Artdeux wrote:Is there a mod that stops reputation loss while boarding a ship that has been hacked?

Always found it strange that a ship in the middle of no-where that has been hacked or had its radar dish blown up still manages to send a message of who is attacking them.
this indicates you are still too near to the next Station with a big radar dish - these have a range of iirc 80 or 100 km, which is more than a Zone and its surroundings
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Artdeux
x4

Post by Artdeux » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 11:02

I did not know that.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: On second try in the middle of nowhere (Molten Archon) with a hacked Scaldis, I still lost reputation with the owner of the Scaldis.

Raumbraut

Post by Raumbraut » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 06:50

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to have a ship using 2 hulls at once? .. I've recently married a random scaldis with my titurel after exiting the Jumpgate. And this is how it looked like:

http://i.imgur.com/22ABWR0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QsCwVR8.jpg
http://imgur.com/5Le2w2Z.jpg

Looks like one badass Reiver Drone Carrier, if you ask me :D

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 11:25

yep, thats pretty simple to do, since all Ships are made from Ship parts. but the one you posted will irritate the Game probably because the Docks on the Scaldis for the Freight Drones are not reachable anymore (blocked by the Geometry of the Titurel)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Raumbraut

Post by Raumbraut » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 17:24

Can the location of the freight drones entrance point be altered manually, or the 2 different hulls at once to make the reachable?

What if you used the Titurel as basis, The freight drone entrance on the top left side of the hull appear to be accessible, as does the drone launcher for regular drones on the top bow?

Oh man i wish i'd know anything about coding ;(

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 16:05

I'd like to request a mod where an Engineer can repair hull and other systems up to 100% while dry docked. Even having it cost a little money would be fine (though it should be for parts only, labor's included since the Engineer is part of the crew).

I can rationalize only getting to 75% on systems, and being unable to repair hull while in space. Some things are 'outside', and I can see requiring specialized tools and parts.

It was a little irritating to see that upon hiring an engineer, hull didn't get repaired at all and systems only got to 75%. Made me question why the hell I hired her in the first place.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 16:36

You can use one of the two links I put there: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 87#4443587

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 22:20

Sweet man, thanks. Seems like a pretty decent solution.

Goliathmk2
x4

Post by Goliathmk2 » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 11:04

This is my request here: Anchor Command - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=372797

I completely missed this thread earlier.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 04:10

Is there any Mod available that can download from this forum where we have Shield and Hull God Mode for v2.5.1?

Thanks

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 19:01

Is there a mod available for deactivating station hostility for damage to shields of Protect Station mission stations?

It's frustrating to have a station go read and then start wiping out my fleet while they try to protect it.

HailedGorion
x3tc

Post by HailedGorion » Mon, 10. Nov 14, 20:53

Maybe this has already been requested before, can't really say cuz there are dozen of pages with requests in this topic, even so...

I would like a mod that modifies the small fighters behavior, so that when we add them to our squad and command them to follow us, the ships acted like wings.

Currently, they start following us only when we move out to other sectors. That means that being 30 km distant from my squad small fighters within the same sector will result in nothing more than them being paralyzed staring at me, which doesn't feel right.

demonolithic

Mod to remove the fog from the Trapezium Cockpit Configuration.

Post by demonolithic » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 11:32

Hello. Is there or could there be a mod made to take the screen fog off the Trapezium cockpit configuration? The very top and bottom sections do not suffer this eye sore when flying in starlight.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/408 ... 078881451/

Linked Picture has a freighter blocking the star so the glare is gone but if you look at the cockpit windows the center bottom and center top do not have the foggy crud on them. I am hoping someone can make a mod that gets rid of it so it's clear like the other windows.
...let me start by saying nothing.

djbarney

Post by djbarney » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 16:24

How to search a forum thread ?

Would like to see a mod that ...

1. Removes the HUD/UI (pause message) when game is paused.

2. Enables camera rotation while paused.

This would be useful to be able to take screenshots for making panoramic pictures of XRebirth (for example using Hugin). The problem is that any movement between screenshots makes it difficult to stitch images, hence needing to freeze everything using pause. It's possible to pause in the ship then "F1" and then "F2" to remove the pause message. But then only the keypad camera controls are available which only pan around some of the way. While on foot its not possible to get rid of the pause message and it still has the keypad camera, not full controls.

Imagine being able to pan the camera fully around from a platform to take shots to make huge panoramic images ? Even better would be a "god" mode in engine pause to be able to move anywhere to take the shots.
Far Out !

martianrobot
x3tc

Larger UI and text

Post by martianrobot » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 03:12

Old time X fan, only just starting out in Rebirth and playing using my Xbox 360 gamepad. I'd love to see a mod that fixes the scaling of some very small text, mostly the conversation choice radial menu, so I can sit back, explore and relax in front of my HDTV instead of hunched behind a desk. The main sidebar menu and most other stuff is fine.

martianrobot
x3tc

Re: Mod to remove the fog from the Trapezium Cockpit Configuration.

Post by martianrobot » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 03:16

demonolithic wrote:Hello. Is there or could there be a mod made to take the screen fog off the Trapezium cockpit configuration? The very top and bottom sections do not suffer this eye sore when flying in starlight.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/408 ... 078881451/

Linked Picture has a freighter blocking the star so the glare is gone but if you look at the cockpit windows the center bottom and center top do not have the foggy crud on them. I am hoping someone can make a mod that gets rid of it so it's clear like the other windows.
Damn! I wish I saw that screenshot before investing half my cash in the wide view combat cockpit. The Trapezium view is much neater and there's no annoying transparency on the gravidar/info screen.

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 16:30

Is there a missile/cargo/drone transfer between ships mod? I would like to transfer some stuff off of my captured ships and cannot seem to find out how to do it!
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 16:37

gamer993 wrote:Is there a missile/cargo/drone transfer between ships mod? I would like to transfer some stuff off of my captured ships and cannot seem to find out how to do it!
The next version of vanilla Rebirth (v3.00) will introduce a way to transfer wares and drones (both as cargo or deployable units) between ships and as far as I know, ownable ships do not run out of missiles. I suggest waiting for v3 rather than using mods.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”