TODO messages in aiscripts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ixforres

TODO messages in aiscripts

Post by ixforres » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 14:23

So with all the issues with the storyline missions (freighter failing to move/dock/trade etc) I figured I'd have a poke around and see if these were things that could be modified.

I noticed a few TODO messages. A few, actually. The aiscripts folder has 91 TODO lines over 38 files.

(in trade.ship)
<!-- TODO: we should check for things like broken jump drive, so we can go in for repairs instead of endlessly trying to jump to a trade -->

(in mining.ship.station)
<!-- TODO: don't just go to the zone center, find an asteroid/gas cloud... and go there -->

And so on: http://pastie.org/8486943

I'm still wrapping my head around how all the scripts interact, but it looks to me that there's some bugfixing that we could be doing in these scripts to try and sort out trading etc, given Egosoft don't appear to view anything as broken.

Anyone else feel like taking a gander at this lot? I'm at least trying to figure out why trading appears to be utterly broken!

VacuumBreather
x4

Post by VacuumBreather » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 14:46

Wow, that's a bit poor. Those are some pretty important missing features in there. Oh well, I'm sure it'll get sorted, eventually....

dez505
x4

Post by dez505 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 15:04

Took a look at this.......wtf! egosoft did you run out of time? disable all this why? important message information here a lot of it....

This makes me wonder just how much they have "disabled"

will continue to look

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:12

Has anyone found out the issues with traders by looking through the scripts, and can maybe work on fixing them? :P

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:58

Holy crap. This explains a lot. Thank you for posting. Perhaps you should post this over in the main forum also? This is huge.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:43

Dev comments are not necessarily representative of actual workings. There were tons of them in the previous games as well. Not all of them get removed, not all of them are actually still relevant.

ixforres

Post by ixforres » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:30

enenra wrote:Dev comments are not necessarily representative of actual workings. There were tons of them in the previous games as well. Not all of them get removed, not all of them are actually still relevant.
Couldn't agree more - comments in any big software project tend towards being utterly out of date or incorrect over time. But there are a lot of them, and a glance at each tends to suggest that actually, most of them are still relevant, since they're next to conditionals that they need to improve (and haven't) and so on.

I also looked in the libraries and md folders and found almost 500 TODO messages. Many of them do appear to relate (in the bits I've looked at) to currently bugged stuff. Hence my worry.[/i]

poster55
x3

Post by poster55 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:57

Well... this explains why the AI sits in traffic lanes like zombies while the world around them blows up...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”