Will the released game have some form of benchmarking utility/demo built in?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Legionnaire
x4

Will the released game have some form of benchmarking utility/demo built in?

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 23:20

Apologies if this has been asked before.

As the title says I am curious if the game engine has a built in benchmarking demo, which would let users run the utility and then post their system specs and results?

Or would this need to be done through some form of third party software? Or is it something that was thought about and dismissed for some reason - IE higher priority concerns or would it possibly be something that if not done, might possibly be done at a later date?

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 23:22

There's no official information on this.

Based on Egosoft's track record (i.e. previous games): no.

Gameplay and benchmark demos usually came after release, and were separate executables from the actual game.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 23:58

A5PECT wrote:There's no official information on this.

Based on Egosoft's track record (i.e. previous games): no.

Gameplay and benchmark demos usually came after release, and were separate executables from the actual game.
Why? Because demos, even simple demos, take man power. I would like it if they released that demo they showed and let people play, but I don't know how much time it would take to package it properly.

I rather the devs be ready to fix any game-breaking bugs that undoubtedly only thousands of players can find.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Inverness
x4

Post by Inverness » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 00:05

Yeah, a benchmark might be nice, but it takes time and effort to develop. I think the vast majority of players would rather have the devs dedicated to features and big fixes.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”