Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cosmonautcocoon
x3tc

Post by cosmonautcocoon » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 21:06

will there be any pre-purchasing soon,will it come with goodies?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 21:24

Are planets in game going to look similar like in real life( simulated storms,auroras... )just like that video Ego posted on facebook ???? :o
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 23:17

What, generally, is the game's current stage of development?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

strude
x4

Post by strude » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 00:23

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Yohandis Yololo Yum VII

Post by Yohandis Yololo Yum VII » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 00:53

Jerald wrote:Guys...I know everyone is anxious for the game to be completed and finally out. Bernd was gracious enough to work with me, and break away from his hectic schedule to answer more questions for you.

I want this game to be finish too, and that's why I'm not going to bother him again, because I want him to take that time and focus on completing the game.

There are 3 Sets of Q & A's that will answer most questions. Please read them and enjoy. :)
The thread was not locked, and those 3 small question sets did not even remotely "answer most questions." In the off-chance that someone will answer, why not post? If no one answers them, it is no big deal. No one told you to be quiet when you posted. Besides, a self-imposed deadline that is pushed back two years (or more) is hardly sticking to a hectic schedule (I have no doubt that Bernd is committed and issues have come up; but it is an observation based on reason nonetheless).

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 06:49

Yohandis Yololo Yum VII wrote:
Jerald wrote:Guys...I know everyone is anxious for the game to be completed and finally out. Bernd was gracious enough to work with me, and break away from his hectic schedule to answer more questions for you.

I want this game to be finish too, and that's why I'm not going to bother him again, because I want him to take that time and focus on completing the game.

There are 3 Sets of Q & A's that will answer most questions. Please read them and enjoy. :)
The thread was not locked, and those 3 small question sets did not even remotely "answer most questions." In the off-chance that someone will answer, why not post? If no one answers them, it is no big deal. No one told you to be quiet when you posted. Besides, a self-imposed deadline that is pushed back two years (or more) is hardly sticking to a hectic schedule (I have no doubt that Bernd is committed and issues have come up; but it is an observation based on reason nonetheless).
Go ahead...Ask away...Don't let me stop you. :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 16:21

Geek wrote:Bernd already answered that question.
You can walk around on station platforms and inside your playership by moving from one point to another
Yes you can leave your ship to come in contact with NPCs on plattforms
That does not answer my question.
Interact with NPCs sounds like taking jobs and information from them, not like giving out commands in the middle of combat.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 16:40

Interact is a generic word that includes giving orders.
More importantly, every time Bernd answered "out of the ship" questions, he mentioned platforms, not rooms. The logical conclusion is that only the Albion has rooms (where the player can stand/walk/etc).
Right on commander !

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 18:45

Question...With the fairly recent announcements of Star Citizen & Elite Dangerous in development, have Egosoft changed or rethought any short or long term plans they might have for X Rebirth?
End of Question. :)

I'm thinking that given that Egosoft would, as a game developer in this field, have their 'finger on the pulse' so to speak, and be naturally interested in what was being developed, and by what means, in the two games mentioned above. My own opinion would be that contrary to what one might think initially, this could create a positive outlook for X Rebirth in the future. :)

Oldman :)

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 12:58

Question:

There is a lot of sectors in X3. I suppose that each sector is a little place of a entire solar system.
will we have the same number of sectors / solar systems in X-Rebirth? or some sectors we actually know in X3, won't be in Rebirth?
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 13:06

Général Grievous wrote:There is a lot of sectors in X3. I suppose that each sector is a little place of a entire solar system.
will we have the same number of sectors / solar systems in X-Rebirth? or some sectors we actually know in X3, won't be in Rebirth?
The entire map structure is completely different, as explained in the last part of the Navigation and universe design sticky thread at the top of the forum. It doesn't really make sense to compare the number of "sectors" in the two games, but the names of some locations will be familiar while those of others will not.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 13:10

strude wrote:How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Bernd wrote:As much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
Spoiler
Show
Totally fictive... Bernd did not answer this question
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Shrewd135

Post by Shrewd135 » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 18:06

OK here is my question...

Of all the scripts that have to be completed for the game... What percentage are completed now?

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:45

You should probably define "completed" to have this question answered.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:56

Are we going to be able to build self sustaining space station/complex and are we going to be able to connect stations together like for example wheat farm and water purification station ( we know ice/water are going to be one of main resources)?????
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:56

Shrewd135 wrote:OK here is my question...

Of all the scripts that have to be completed for the game... What percentage are completed now?
A feature may require more or less scripts to run (not to mention libraries), so I doubt they know the total count before the end.
Right on commander !

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:59

The count is also quite meaningless because many scripts have 1 line launcher scripts and others are broken down into maybe 10 or 20 different parts even though it is only one script... like the universe trader.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 17:46

Question:

Will ships have the same design in the entire game or will they be differents design / styles for each races like in X3?

i ask that because all the ships we saw in the screenshots have the same "design" and "sytle". :roll:

thanks you.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Uncatchable Joe

Post by Uncatchable Joe » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 22:05

My question to Bernd is:
Tell about galaxy map. I want to know in detail how it will look like? Will it be more like in TC or like in Mass Effect? Will in be beautiful and handy enough for long range navigation?

Shrewd135

Post by Shrewd135 » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 02:46

Gazz wrote:The count is also quite meaningless because many scripts have 1 line launcher scripts and others are broken down into maybe 10 or 20 different parts even though it is only one script... like the universe trader.
I get that. But it is not meaningless... it provides an objective number to be ranked against... verses a linquistic answer like ... "oh sort of done."

Numerical answers can be finely tuned and you can track some progress...

1 to 100....

we are now on 40... Big change in your perception of where we are at right? It told you so much in a single number...

every one of those single line scripts will still need to be written...

so if it is 1000 total... and you are on 335 today... and in 4 days you are on 450 that shows progress...

Funny, microsoft even calls it the "PROGRESS BAR" and has exactly this implementation in applications all around the world... this same feature has been implemented everywhere at every level of education and government... but of course.. I am wrong.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”