Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 09:20

How will fleets work in X Rebirth?

In my opinion this is one of the weakest areas of X3, there is no coherence in the way a fleet operates, each ship in the fleet may as well be on its own. The amount of micro management and configuration needed for ships to provide mutual support is excessive, and the options themselves limited.

LA

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 18:51

one question, and its really important to me,

is it venus ville?

danpaul88
x4

Post by danpaul88 » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 19:50

Don't think this has been asked before and might be answerable without needing approval from DS since its not related to the game engine or content...

Will X:Rebirth support the use of Steam cloud to backup game saves and move them between machines on the fly? It would be great if it did since that would let me get an hour of play in at lunchtime at work without worrying about manually copying save files back and forth...

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 23:40

The "change to a toilet" question and answer is total win

Yohandis Yololo Yum VII

Post by Yohandis Yololo Yum VII » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 19:06

*attempts to use jumper cables on this thread*

Can I still crash my ship into merchants as a means of killing them? I spend less on missiles that way and maximize profitsss.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 19:57

Will the X-series ever have a good plot? That is - without glaring scripting, with proper moves and raising intensity. Without overlong unskipable sequences and undertested player-skill/items vs. campaign (no more LOLs for flying patrols on M2 as on fighter, please) combinations. Without "war" where you can't win and which is nothing more than uberly-scripted nonsense. Without... Well, you get it. I'm not asking about some fancy plot, just at least non-laughable one.

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 23:19

Although it ultimately depends on the engine, I'd say Egosoft has shown that they're not masters of writing lore. Unless they've had a rebirth in that too, and somehow hired a lore dude (I dunno, a writer or novelist or something), I'm expecting the same old same old.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 09:41

Helge Kautz is egosoft's lore dude, and he makes great story's, the problem is language barriers and language localisation for these games, x3 reunion up to X3 Albion prelude has not shown a lot of focus or attention to the details when it came to the story, X2 the threat in my opinion had the strongest story line and had fairly good cut scenes compared to X3, TC and AP don't even have cut scenes in that sense and it goes to show how much effort they must be putting into X rebirth and just don't have adequate resources to do the same for the previous games.

alterami
x3tc

Post by alterami » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 20:07

Are the Teladi, Split and Boron still going to refer to themselves in the third person?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 22:27

Question: Is Bernd going to answer even one of these new questions from this resurrected thread?

Answer: Most likely not

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 22:42

Falcrack wrote:Question: Is Bernd going to answer even one of these new questions from this resurrected thread?

Then there was no point in asking the question.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 23:44

squirrelrider wrote:
Falcrack wrote:Question: Is Bernd going to answer even one of these new questions from this resurrected thread?

Then there was no point in asking the question.
I answered my own question to save Bernd the time :P

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 01:02

If Terrans are going to be in game is it going to be Sol system, Aldrin colony or both? I was reading somewhere that war was about to start bettwen Aldrin and Sol because ATF wanted to destroy all terraformers and CPU ship in Aldrin....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Yohandis Yololo Yum VII

Post by Yohandis Yololo Yum VII » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 04:19

Nikola515 wrote:If Terrans are going to be in game is it going to be Sol system, Aldrin colony or both? I was reading somewhere that war was about to start bettwen Aldrin and Sol because ATF wanted to destroy all terraformers and CPU ship in Aldrin....
I'd like to read about this can you point me in a direction or link? Thanks.

EDIT: Thank you Nikola for posting it below! :)
Last edited by Yohandis Yololo Yum VII on Fri, 22. Feb 13, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 04:40

Earth year 2935 (X2: The Threat)

First appearance of the Kha'ak. President's End is destroyed.
AP Gunner is re-discovered. It contains the coordinates for Earth.

Earth year 2936 (X3: Reunion)

There is now a jumpgate leading to Earth but Terran forces cut it off from the universe in an attempt to prevent intrusion into their space.
Marteen Winters is awakened from is cryostasis by Yoshiko Nehla and Ser Alman Jonferson (previous owner and founder of Jonferco). He was the lead-scientist of the Terraformer Project and was in cryostasis for about 800 years.

Earth years 2937 to 2939

The gate in the Solar System is brought to the outer Asteroid Belt, making it easier to defend.
Terrans enter diplomatic talks with the Commonwealth races, presumably somewhere in Omicron Lyrae.
The Terrans start building up their information network within the Commonwealth. They place spies where they can under the pretence of trade and exploration

Earth year 2939 (X3: Terran Conflict)

Terran Conflict Plot. Aldrin is re-discovered and saved by a Terran fleet.
Marteen Winters, considered the culprit behind the new Xenon and Terraformer activities, flees.
The Hub is discovered and after a while placed in care of a council staffed by all races.
The Old Goner Temple in Cloudbase South West is destroyed. A new temple is built in Elysium of Light.
In the Operation Final Fury, the Kha'ak Hive, responsible for all Kha'ak activity in the known universe and presumed the largest one, is destroyed. The Kha'ak seem to have vanished.
Aldrin is considered the "gate" to the Old Gate Network (called "New Universe") as it is placed within the Old Gate Network and still has old jumpgates, which, however, aren't working as of now. Earth sends scientists to re-activate them.
Earth starts the construction of a new jumpgate in Neptune which is supposed to be connected to a second new jumpgate which is being built in the Solara System, upon completion.

Earth year 2940

The construction of the two new jumpgates is proceeding very fast. These jumpgates are, however, built differently from normal jumpgates. The Terran government decides to add special security measures to it to be able to securely disable it before Xenon, which are expected to be found in the Old Gate Network, could swarm in.
The jumpgate in Solara is built in the far outskirts of the sector, similar to the jumpgate in Asteroid Belt.

Earth year 2941

Earth's scientists succeed in activating a jumpgate in Aldrin 2. Right after the activation, a Xenon fleet jumps in, which is, however, defeated. Afterwards, a Terran fleet jumps into the newly discovered sector and wipes out remaining Xenons and a Xenon Station.
In the north of the sector, another jumpgate is discovered. It leads to a sector containing a large planetoid which consists to a large part of nividium. A short time later, this sector is occupied by a huge Kha'ak fleet.
The terrans decide to not invade the sector for now and simply defend the gate. Apparently, the Paranids have encountered a similar situation before and then won against the Kha'ak. The Terran Office of Naval Intelligence starts to investigate this matter.
The Terrans launch an attack on Duke's Citadel to get prisoners back.
Another gate is discovered in the Terran Unknown Sector 1. The new sector contains the wreck of an old Terran station.
The Terrans decide to use The Hub to cut the Kha'ak Sector off from the gate network. Another sector is connected to the Terran Unknown Sector 1. After a short while, a catastrophe occurs, the Hub is nearly destroyed and now useless.
Due to the delay in the construction of the Terran gate in Solara, the Neptune gate is connected with an inactive gate in the Terran Unknown Sector 2, discovered by the Terrans.
Some time later, the gate in Solara is completed and the Neptune gate is redirected to the terran gate in the Solara Sector. The gate is opened for civilian traffic.

Earth year 2942 - 1st & 2nd quarter

Earth's scientists succeed in activating the other jumpgates located in Solara. The Terran government claims the ownership of all sectors to be discovered in the Old Network due to them activating the gates and historical reasons. However, the Terran government is put under high pressure by all other races and has to step back. All sectors to be discovered are concerned "all-you-can-get", meaning, the first race to build a station in a sector is allowed to claim ownership of the sector. A rush for the new sectors begins.
Despite of apprehensions, the colonisation of the new sectors goes by more or less peaceful because there is enough space for all and there is no need to fight over territories.
Aldrin is suddenly put into a very favourable position because all the traffic from the "Old Universe" has to fly through Solara first. Aldrin is considered the "key" to the new universe. Aldrin's economy booms. On the other hand they find themselves under great pressure by the governments.
The discovered Xenon Sector is wiped out together with its Xenon CPU Ship by a huge Terran fleet. Oddly, no other Xenons are found in all the re-discovered sectors.
In order to slow down the spread of the Xenon over the galaxy as a serious threat to sentient life, The Ancients have upgraded the jumpgates to not allow locks from jumpdrive-equipped ships currently located in other gate networks anymore. This means that the only passageway between the Old Universe and the Expansion Region is now the Terran jumpgate connection.

Earth year 2942 - 3rd quarter

With the rush for the New Universe now slightly decreasing, Terran critics demand the dismantling of the Aldrin Terraformers. At the same time, the Terran government wants to make the Solara Sector a part of the Terran Democracy again. Tension rises as Aldrin wants to keep their Terraformers while the ATF pressure towards a military solution in case Aldrin doesn't follow their demands.
The Terran government decides to build a station in the Solara Sector whose sole purpose is the protection and supervision of the jumpgate: Fuji Station

Earth year 2942 - 4th quarter (Xtended - Terran Conflict)

The jumpgate to the Old Universe in Solara is closed for civilian traffic. Civilians are allowed to pass into the Old Gate Network but not back. Only the race's military and other officials of the races are allowed to pass the gate back into the New Network. Civilians need special papers to use the gate fully.
While ambassadors and diplomats try to calm the situation and work towards a peaceful solution, the ATF prepares for a forceful destruction of Aldrin's Terraformers. The Terran government is split in two factions. A Cold War between the Terran Democracy and the Aldrin Colony ensues.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 15:38

Guys...I know everyone is anxious for the game to be completed and finally out. Bernd was gracious enough to work with me, and break away from his hectic schedule to answer more questions for you.

I want this game to be finish too, and that's why I'm not going to bother him again, because I want him to take that time and focus on completing the game.

There are 3 Sets of Q & A's that will answer most questions. Please read them and enjoy. :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 15:15

Q: When I dock at my capital ship and leave my Skunk, will I be able to give orders from the observation deck of my capital ship?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 20:09

Bernd already answered that question.
You can walk around on station platforms and inside your playership by moving from one point to another
Yes you can leave your ship to come in contact with NPCs on plattforms
Right on commander !

windkayak

question!

Post by windkayak » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 20:57

I haven't seen this question yet,and for me is one of the big ones!
Since X rebirth first announcement came out the first thing that popped to my mind was "damn i hope the astronaut suit is upgraded".

So my question is:

Can we get out of the ship to repair or just have a EVA "walk" to relax,and is the astronaut suit finally animated?

cosmonautcocoon
x3tc

Post by cosmonautcocoon » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 21:05

Is it possible to aproach the surface of the moon,planet or star? even if only the "smaller" ones or certain areas?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”