Steam Specs

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tommety
x3tc

Post by Tommety » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 20:13

frankestein wrote:well i'm really happy that we finally have a release date but these specs confuse me cause the devs said that they optimized the game very well and so ..... but these minimum spec are even higher than crysis 3 actually their the most demanding minimum specs i've seen so far in any game.

i've got the pc to play it on on medium-high but i somehow wished i could have run it on high or maxed out :S because as we all know it's gonna be the most amazing space game that ever been built.
With regard to Crysis.
Don't bother comparing it to any other game (yet).
Most games nowadays are aimed at the consoles, they were are their max YEARS ago. Rebirth is next-gen material, you'll see games that will be developped for those to show similar requirements.

With the outdated tech of the last gen consoles about to fly out the window, expect 64-bit and >8GB RAM to become the new norm to play a game smoothly and uncompromised.

Personally, I'm eager to see if I can actually make my system sweat, rather than make games crash because I beefed up the textures and graphics with mods to make it use beyond the 32bit RAM limit *cough*Skyrim*cough*

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 20:15

frankestein wrote:well i'm really happy that we finally have a release date but these specs confuse me cause the devs said that they optimized the game very well and so ..... but these minimum spec are even higher than crysis 3 actually their the most demanding minimum specs i've seen so far in any game.

i've got the pc to play it on on medium-high but i somehow wished i could have run it on high or maxed out :S because as we all know it's gonna be the most amazing space game that ever been built.
Star Citizen has the following preliminary specs:
At the moment you will be able to play it on a dual core PC with a GTX 460 or greater and 4GB of system memory. If you’re running an i7 2500, 2600, 2700 or better with a GTX 670 or greater then the stars are the limit!
AFAIK the GTX 460 is a lot faster than the HD4870. And while they claim a dual core as minimum, I sense a strong hint that Star Citizen really wants a quad core ;)
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 20:31

Woah, it's about time that we got a 64-bit X! Add to that the multicore and multithreading and X:R is going to be suped up and ready to rumble!

I'm going to need to upgrade.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

TTD
x4

Rebirth release date and System Specs

Post by TTD » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 22:38

Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/2870/
Complete with a trailer or two.

November 203

Code: Select all

System Requirements
==============

Minimum:
-----------

OS: Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit), Vista SP2 (64-bit), XP SP3 (64-bit) 
Processor: Intel i-Series at 2GHz or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 4 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVidia GT400 series with 512MB RAM or better, ATI 4870HD with 512MB RAM or better 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space 
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card 
Additional Notes: These specs are still being determined

Recommended:
------------------

Processor: Intel i5 (Quad) or i7 at 2.5GHz or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 8 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVidia GT500 series with 1GB RAM or better, ATI 5870HD with 1GB RAM or better 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space 
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card 
Additional Notes: These specs are still being determined.
Looks like I need at least an i5 :)

Moderators...please feel free to merge with similar thread further down.

{We don't need two of these threads so I'm going to merge this one with the earlier one. - Nanook}
Last edited by TTD on Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:10

I think my PC is obsolete.

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:13

64 bit OS required... I think it's Egosoft that's been waiting for us :roll:

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:25

Thank god I upgraded my rig a little while ago.. Money well spent!

duncan idaho
x4

Post by duncan idaho » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 01:49

Uh oh, looks like i'd better start saving up for an upgrade!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 02:03

Damn, might have to get a second hand Core 2 quad to run this :/

Can't afford a full box upgrade due to being too sick to work fulltime.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 02:12

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 02:12

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 02:21

the-danzorz wrote:Well my current specs are:

4gb of ram (mobo only supports 4)
Win7 32bit (i have 64bit so upgrading won't be an issue)
Intel Core 2 Quad clocked at 2.5gz
AMD HD 6870
2TB of discpace (300gb free on OS drive)

Do you think i could run the game on low with a playable framerate (30fps)?

I can run games like Skyrim, Deus Ex on high / max settings without any performance issues. X3 / TC i can run on max settings as well with no performance drops unless in an insanely large fight.

I really don't want to spend the money on a new mobo, cpu and a little extra ram. As i'm not that interested in having things maxed out, just enjoying the game with some nice visuals is enough.
I read they're using two main threads for X:R (X3 only used one) each allocated a core and other threads can be spawned and allocated to additional cores for additional tasks as required/if available, the suggestion I think being it's designed to run optimally on a 4-core CPU (which is still a bit unusual in games I believe).

The implication is that these additional threads will eat into the processing time available for the main threads on your 2-core chip which will obviously slow down the main game engine somewhat when they kick in, so at a guess you'd experience some variability in performance depending on what you were doing and where you were.

edit: sorry, I might have misinterpreted the "2" as meaning dual core when you actually have 4-core.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 04:16

I wonder how well will the game performance scaled up with hyperthreading and overclocked cpu?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 09:07

My main worry is how well it scales *down*--I'm going to struggle to be able to afford the *game*, much less upgrade my PC to be able to run it. If a 3.2GHz triple-core Athlon with 6Gb of RAM and a Radeon 5770 won't run it, I won't be playing the game for a while. :cry:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 09:40

I upgraded back in dec/2011 in anticipation (was a 1st gen quad i5 and a gtx520) but since had a mishap and had to replace the mb/proc after they failed trying to upgrade the video card. Ended up with the 3rd gen quad i5 3.2 with 8gb RAM, with the GTX 760 oc (with 2gb ram) (also upgraded the power supply when the mb went, to a 1000watt) Running win7 pro 64 bit.

the 2tb hard drive has 1.8 tb free. (I was replacing a 320gb that had 202 gb free, I don't have a whole lot if data :P )

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 09:50

Hmm, looks like i may be struggling on my current setup.

it would be interesting if Ego created a rolling demo with benchmarking like they did for TC. then i could at least see if it is a non starter on the current pc.

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 15:54

are the "rcommended" specs enough to run it at >30 FPS after some ingame days?

or will we need the hidden "optimal" specs for that?

zhaarteth
x4

Post by zhaarteth » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 15:55

pjknibbs wrote:My main worry is how well it scales *down*--I'm going to struggle to be able to afford the *game*, much less upgrade my PC to be able to run it. If a 3.2GHz triple-core Athlon with 6Gb of RAM and a Radeon 5770 won't run it, I won't be playing the game for a while. :cry:
I was going to say something to the effect of "it's good to see I'm not alone in this" but that wouldn't feel quite right.

Yet here I am with an old GF9800GTX+. The rest of the specs being 8GiB of memory, and a Q8200 processor.

So I'm just as concerned with down-scaling viability as you are. Even if I end up having to pilot like I'm Mr. Magoo without his spectacles, I'd still be happy just to be able to run the game at all. That might sound silly to some but... eh. I take what I can get with this sorta stuff.
1. Play X
2. Be a Teladi
3. ???
4. Profitsss
---
Am I ignoring you? See here.

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 16:07

Can we clarify a point as I have a fairly top end machine (well, it was in 2007 when I bought it..) which (just) meets the min and refuses to break down (my wife has gone through 3 computers in this time - where's the justice!?!) Is 32 bit likely to be a showstopper?

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Post by Knetter_Gek » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 16:08

pjknibbs wrote:My main worry is how well it scales *down*--I'm going to struggle to be able to afford the *game*, much less upgrade my PC to be able to run it. If a 3.2GHz triple-core Athlon with 6Gb of RAM and a Radeon 5770 won't run it, I won't be playing the game for a while. :cry:
Wait, hold on, the site-admin for Egosoft is worried about not getting X-R? I think you could maybe pull a sponsorship deal out of it, surely :)
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”