Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 13:40

The_Mess wrote:SC is very much a different beast to X:R due to the lack of buyable and buildable stations, player influenced economy, and lack of AI controlled ships you can buy and make use of, so there's somewhat different markets niche space for each title.

Main draw for SC though will probably be instanced PVP, which appeals to the old freelancer crowd + the faction system, whereas the trade system will probably be semi-static and thus lack the dynamic nature of EVE's economy or the more mechanical system in the X games (to date, X:R might be a bit more dynamic).
SC will be able to be played online or off. If you want the whole immersion, play online. If you want to set up your own private server, you can do that too. If you want to play offline (a'la single player) do that. That's the beauty of the game.

I'm honestly not taking away from rebirth but at least at SC, we're kept in the loop...regardless if we pay or not. Personally I have not [yet]....but egosoft continues to keep everyone in the dark, blah, blah, blah. (broken record)...

I really haven't paid much mind here in about 5 weeks or so. Or whenever AP v3.x or whatever came out. Which quite honestly didn't surprise me, but I digress. But 5+ weeks later & sill nothing.

And BarrenEarth hit the nail on the head. Certain "highly excitable enthusiasts" are "too arrogant to think that it doesn't matter if SC is out first or not." Good for them, and personally...I think loyalty like that should be rewarded. But opinionated people like me will get the same software as the "highly excitable enthusiasts" that have been loyal & defending each & every decision that egosoft has made, will get. I think they deserve more. But that is me.

Nothing from nothing...I still have high hopes for rebirth and hope they do well. The developers, I'm sure, are working their little fingers off trying to produce a quality product for all the fans out there of the game. But their marketing department has a lot to be desired. :cry:

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 14:30

Well, egosoft.com's main title image is now x:rebirth. That's something. Not sure how long it's been like that, I only just noticed it now, but its something at least to say the game is still alive.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 15:07

Cowski wrote:SC will be able to be played online or off. If you want the whole immersion, play online. If you want to set up your own private server, you can do that too. If you want to play offline (a'la single player) do that. That's the beauty of the game.
I'm worried, actually, that it might be the death of the game. Trying to be all things to all people is a difficult task to pull off, and doing so with all aspects being well done is close to an impossible task.

I strongly suspect that the emphasis of the game will be on the online multiplayer side. Balancing for multiplayer, while also having good balance for single player, is going to be a challenge. My bet is on a poorly balanced single player experience.
I'm honestly not taking away from rebirth but at least at SC, we're kept in the loop...regardless if we pay or not. Personally I have not [yet]....but egosoft continues to keep everyone in the dark, blah, blah, blah. (broken record)...
Haven't we covered the reasons for this? How SC is being funded by public contributions, so the public has a right to be kept informed, while X:R is being funded by a publisher, who is keeping everything under wraps?
And BarrenEarth hit the nail on the head. Certain "highly excitable enthusiasts" are "too arrogant to think that it doesn't matter if SC is out first or not." Good for them, and personally...I think loyalty like that should be rewarded. But opinionated people like me will get the same software as the "highly excitable enthusiasts" that have been loyal & defending each & every decision that egosoft has made, will get. I think they deserve more. But that is me.
I'm guessing I'm one of those 'excitable enthusiasts', by your definition. I've just been poking holes in some of the statements from you and other people, showing them where the facts don't support a particular argument. Can't say I'm particularly excited by Rebirth or Egosoft, since they're determined not to sell me the game.

As far as SC taking sales from Rebirth, I'm trying to understand the logic of the thinking there. For many people, I'm sure there's no conflict whatsoever - they'll simply buy both. For others, they're going to make a decision a long time prior to either game being released about which game they want - I can't see them rushing to buy the first one out, and saying 'bad luck, I've got my space fix' to the other. Despite both games being 'space games', they each have different strengths (and weaknesses) which will appeal or not, depending on the person's preferences.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 15:27

had rebirth allow us to change player ship it would make the game stand better against star citizen, but now rebirth is getting more and more at disadvantage against sc.

Resplendent Indignity

Post by Resplendent Indignity » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:17

eladan wrote:
innerorbit wrote:Tri synergy publishing Rebirth ?
Resplendent Indignity wrote:I didn't see any such release on Tri's website.
A few posts back was just discussing Tri Synergy being the NA publisher for Rebirth, and CBJ confirmed it on the previous page. Amazing how many questions can be answered just by reading back a little.
I'm aware of what CBJ said.
I was responding to the post you quoted. The post contains a link to a website claiming that tri synergy has announced they're publishing rebirth. They haven't. Mainly I was questioning the legitimacy of the linked site.

I could have made my point clearer. Even so, I don't appreciate your douchey response.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:29

@ eladan and Resplendent Indignity: OK, you have had one dig each now. Let's call it quits and leave it there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:40

Resplendent Indignity wrote:I was responding to the post you quoted. The post contains a link to a website claiming that tri synergy has announced they're publishing rebirth. They haven't. Mainly I was questioning the legitimacy of the linked site.
An earlier post had a link to a site showing an unedited press email announcement from Tri Synergy, giving exactly the same information. It was confirmed by CBJ.

Resplendent Indignity

Post by Resplendent Indignity » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 03:01

eladan wrote:
Resplendent Indignity wrote:I was responding to the post you quoted. The post contains a link to a website claiming that tri synergy has announced they're publishing rebirth. They haven't. Mainly I was questioning the legitimacy of the linked site.
An earlier post had a link to a site showing an unedited press email announcement from Tri Synergy, giving exactly the same information. It was confirmed by CBJ.
Okay, thanks.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 03:31

I'm thinking after summer at least....

Remember everyone, they have a youtube channel which you can get your peek of the game at while you wait.:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xuniversechannel/videos
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 21:21

On X Rebirth main page didn't it say before that game will be released 2013 :? :? :?
It looks like now it changed to "X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in 2013."

Edit: Something smells fishy here :? :? :?

Announcement: [INDEX] X Rebirth - The big picture

Release Date

All we can say at this point is that it will be in 2013. Stay tuned for more precise information.

-Bernd
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 22:01

I'm still betting on Q2 2014.

We are halfway through 2013, and by the looks of the videos posted by Egosoft on their youtube channel, there's still work to be done.

The game needs to be properly tested before release date, there's features then there's "features". Latter is something you dont want on release date.

All speculation from my side though.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 22:42

Patholos wrote:I'm still betting on Q2 2014.

We are halfway through 2013, and by the looks of the videos posted by Egosoft on their youtube channel, there's still work to be done.

The game needs to be properly tested before release date, there's features then there's "features". Latter is something you dont want on release date.

All speculation from my side though.
Most reasonable post on this thread tbh.

There is simply no way you can wrap up the development, test, get lucky it is perfect and release a quality product in less than 6 months.

Q1 2014 optimistic, Q2 2014 most likely.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:10

How interesting...

You have as much chance of guessing the release date as olana sisters' divinations.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:19

Well CBJ said that they are still looking at a 2013 release a few posts back.Also i often wondered why Bernd never post in the forums.Come on Bernd,stop sleeping and join in the chat and give us a release date :P
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

BarrenEarth
x3

Post by BarrenEarth » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:38

squirrelrider wrote:How interesting...

You have as much chance of guessing the release date as olana sisters' divinations.
Except that we can see from the videos the progress being made and about where they would be in said progress...

Which people like Pathalos, Cowski, Fallent and I have been able to reasonably assume is some sort of development stage not yet to the point of testing.

Given that even a 3 month testing process would yield us a very buggy game you better pray that this game isn't in the Steam Store before December.

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:54

Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

I'm appalled at how we have been treated on here in regards to information, all we get is it will be out when it's out! Probably better off being pond life as that gets to see more sunlight than these boards do.

There are plenty of other quality games about to drop out in the next two quarters and will have to fight for our hard earned money.

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:55

BarrenEarth wrote:
squirrelrider wrote:How interesting...

Except that we can see from the videos the progress being made and about where they would be in said progress...

Which people like Pathalos, Cowski, Fallent and I have been able to reasonably assume is some sort of development stage not yet to the point of testing.

Given that even a 3 month testing process would yield us a very buggy game you better pray that this game isn't in the Steam Store before December.
With this theory in place, I do believe about 40-50 pages back we have a moderator' permission to rant & rave all we want without being blocked, scolded, locked or "warned".

Oh, I so look forward to that day WHEN it happens. Especially when the "highly enthusiastic devotees" try to backpedal & still say how great egosoft is and will wait (again) throughout 2014.

:lol:

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 01:55

Billynomates wrote:Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

I'm appalled at how we have been treated on here in regards to information, all we get is it will be out when it's out! Probably better off being pond life as that gets to see more sunlight than these boards do.

There are plenty of other quality games about to drop out in the next two quarters and will have to fight for our hard earned money.
AMEN!!!

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 02:22

Billynomates wrote:Well if it's not out by the time testing starts for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous then they can say goodbye to my dosh. I've no intensions of hanging round like a bad smell waiting for them to drop us a crust of information about this game. It just does not make any sense at all.

:thumb_up:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sibilantae
x3tc

Post by Sibilantae » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 02:23

Cowski wrote: With this theory in place, I do believe about 40-50 pages back we have a moderator' permission to rant & rave all we want without being blocked, scolded, locked or "warned".

Oh, I so look forward to that day WHEN it happens. Especially when the "highly enthusiastic devotees" try to backpedal & still say how great egosoft is and will wait (again) throughout 2014.
:lol:
The obvious counterexample to your rant is eladan, who is very much anti-Steam, and is clearly disappointed that Egosoft will release this game on Steam alone.
(Oh no, you forgot to close the parenthesis! Someone might get in!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”